Steamworks confirmed.

ThomasKra

Besides the auto-update issue, which really won't be an issue if people just backup their stuff, I don't see any other reason for me to worry. The base game looks so good. that I doubt I'd mod it all. Only things I modded in Oblivion were minimalist stuff anyways.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I just don't get, even though I've googled extensively and googled the steam forums for issues regarding New Vegas's update problems, the only place I could find anything about New Vegas updating regardless of the auto-update settings on Steam, is right here, on the Nexus forums. Nowhere else can I see anyone else having that issue, and if users are having it, certainly there would be at least one post about it on the Steam forums? It's just fishy, is all.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=steam+turn+off+auto+update+doesn%27t+work

for ur sample to reflect correct results u must remove all links that is newer then the originally threed here on NEXUS ;)

Why?

well, today "sulotions" are copyed and pasted all over internet, when people first had a problem the sulotions where limited to a few or in some cases only one threed in one forum.

what im trying to say when a new problem occur u can goole all u want and find NO sulotion, of course u find 1000s of threeds 1 years or 2 later :)

One thing I just don't get, even though I've googled extensively and googled the steam forums for issues regarding New Vegas's update problems, the only place I could find anything about New Vegas updating regardless of the auto-update settings on Steam, is right here, on the Nexus forums. Nowhere else can I see anyone else having that issue, and if users are having it, certainly there would be at least one post about it on the Steam forums? It's just fishy, is all.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=steam+turn+off+auto+update+doesn%27t+work

for ur sample to reflect correct results u must remove all links that is newer then the originally threed here on NEXUS ;)

Why?

You didn't even bother reading through my initial post on the matter properly, did you? It makes sense that you didn't, because you would have seen that I had googled the issue previously, and you wouldn't have posted a LMGTFY in the first place. You asking lgvlgv 'why?' just means you missed the entire point of my post, which was that the only place I could find anyone having the issue is right here. :/

Also i think in the end, STEAM would kill all local game stores, in our store where i live there are small walls/shelvs with latest games for every kind consle and so on and big ones for all the "second games(old ones)".

Why go there to buy if i can buy the game through STEAM and cut out the middle man. This in the end i think will only hurt TES.

Also if im only allowed to play games under some certain circumstances(internet up, STEAM is working and on and on) and i cant sell my old games or even give them away?

In America there's only one video game store, Gamestop. Killed or bought everything else so only Gamestop remains. guess what people hate that too! So people don't like drm or retail go figure. Sounds to me that people like b$&@hing about everything.

well there days are soon up to ;) when all things require STEAM there will be no reason to buy ur game at the shop.

just like credit cards killed paper money and itunes killed CDs... yeah sure.

Edited by hector530

Also i think in the end, STEAM would kill all local game stores, in our store where i live there are small walls/shelvs with latest games for every kind consle and so on and big ones for all the "second games(old ones)".

Why go there to buy if i can buy the game through STEAM and cut out the middle man. This in the end i think will only hurt TES.

Also if im only allowed to play games under some certain circumstances(internet up, STEAM is working and on and on) and i cant sell my old games or even give them away?

In America there's only one video game store, Gamestop. Killed or bought everything else so only Gamestop remains. guess what people hate that too! So people don't like drm or retail go figure. Sounds to me that people like b$&@hing about everything.

well there days are soon up to ;) when all things require STEAM there will be no reason to buy ur game at the shop.

just like credit cards killed paper money and itunes killed CDs... yeah sure.

Maybe u should reflect over WHY this is not the case ;) who wants it and who are in the way?

It's happened to me twice leaving me unable to play the game until an updated NVSE was released, I like Steam so I'm not making it up to bash them.

Just admint it you pirate all your games, if pirate one game why buy games at all?

if its me u adress, no i dont!

But i bought a lot of games that i regretted becose of there low quality, but TES games is another issue those i played i loved and would easly pay twice the amount.

Why i dont like steam is becose our online gameing clan requierd of for one game a few years back, we all had issues with lag and other stuff so we stoped playing that game and all uninstalled STEAM.

Yes it was a few years back but NEVER again.

Back to piracy: like i wrote, STEAM mever stopped any piracy did it?

Steam doesn't stop piracy. Steam doesn't try to stop piracy. Steam prevents games from being cracked pre-release. I don't get why you guys can't understand this.

Just admint it you pirate all your games, if pirate one game why buy games at all?

But i bought a lot of games that i regretted becose of there low quality, but TES games is another issue those i played i loved and would easly pay twice the amount.

Why i dont like steam is becose our online gameing clan requierd of for one game a few years back, we all had issues with lag and other stuff so we stoped playing that game and all uninstalled STEAM.

Steam doesn't stop piracy. Steam doesn't try to stop piracy. Steam prevents games from being cracked pre-release. I don't get why you guys can't understand this.

If this was true, i would love to wait a few days to be able to buy the game without STEAM even for a higher price.

That Skyrim would be worth the money im conviced of.

No program stops piracy no matter how hard they try within 24hrs of a game release the game will be on *not allowed* with a working crack.. Its a deterrent and it does help lower the numbers of people who torrent it .. Its also a marketing trick to make pirates double think "hmm.. I could be a selfish a**hole and steal the game or get it ten bucks cheaper and download it instantly" Steam normally works out all sorts of special deals to do this in a very effective manner.. Its a marketing tool and a pirate deterrent.

Edited by jedimembrain