Steamworks confirmed.

ThomasKra

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I guess it was to be expected, to hell with this, i will probably spent a lot of time cursing, but im gonna buy that game :wallbash:

If you do everything right, you shouldn't spend a lot of time cursing, or at all.

You other guys that won't buy the game should look at this one!

Dear sir, I shall give you kudos.

Just because you are supporting the devs even though they put a requirement that you don't like.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do everything right and I still spend a lot of time cursing Steam,as far as games I'd like to mod are concerned. However, the forced update thing should change since I altered the permissions on my Steam folder.

I'll still buy Skyrim, but I'll still curse Steam. Because despite the insistence of the fanz, Steam has caused me a few issues. For some people it does, please just accept that fact.

Todd has openly stated that they're including the Creation Kit for modders, and plan to keep it accessible because they recognize the modding community as a valuable resource of dedicated fans. I'm not worried about this messing up mods.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I guess it was to be expected, to hell with this, i will probably spent a lot of time cursing, but im gonna buy that game :wallbash:

If you do everything right, you shouldn't spend a lot of time cursing, or at all.

You other guys that won't buy the game should look at this one!

Dear sir, I shall give you kudos.

Just because you are supporting the devs even though they put a requirement that you don't like.

:thumbsup:

Hehe thank you, well thats the least i can do to show them i am willing to even install Steam just to play their game.

This game will be in my eyes a rare jewel that we can get only every few years, plus the modding comunity will make it even more awesome..i would be an idiot not to buy it no matter how much i dont like steam :thumbsup:

However, the forced update thing should change since I altered the permissions on my Steam folder.

You can just set it to not automatically update. Right click in library -> Properties -> Updates -> Automatic Updates. I've never actually tried it, but it should work.

I personally haven't had any troubles modding F:NV so I don't think making it Steamworks should affect the modding scene. I have several backups of various states of modded folders, Vanilla for when DLC comes out or I want to get some achievement, modded, and a couple of the larger compilation overhaul packs. Copying and pasting them hasn't led to any trouble.

So basically, Steamworks means that the game can't be resold? I guess I don't care since I have no plans of selling my CE of Skyrim.

Well, there's really zero market for used PC games anyways.

I bought the collectors editions of Fallout 3 & New Vegas, but $150 for a mostly plastic dragon statue seems a little crazy. They need to learn from CD Projekt.

http://beingnerdy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/0qEN4-656x1024.jpg

Edited by urbex

So basically, Steamworks means that the game can't be resold? I guess I don't care since I have no plans of selling my CE of Skyrim.

Well, there's really zero market for used PC games anyways.

I bought the collectors editions of Fallout 3 & New Vegas, but $150 for a mostly plastic dragon statue seems a little crazy. They need to learn from CD Projekt.

http://beingnerdy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/0qEN4-656x1024.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOL...... prply still gonna get it

Its hard not to talk about the C-word .. Its kinda the reason they have programs like steam in the first place .. I don't care really .. Steam has never failed me and I'm happy to deal with it.

Also getting the CE of Skyrim :3 .. The price will only go up on ebay after they are sold out so whatever.. I want :U

Edited by jedimembrain