Steamworks confirmed.

ThomasKra

Oh sorry, I didn't hear what you were saying over all those dragon shouts.... No but seriously apart from the initial install and registration and maybe (hopefully not) early update like NV, steamworks won't be a problem for me. I don't have the kind of internet that I can have connected all the time so I basically play in offline mode and thus avoid updates untill I personally chose to get them myself. of course downside might be I miss out on steam achievements for the game but personally I'm not fussed for public showings of achievement badges.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard not to talk about the C-word

Anyone care to enlighten me on what this "C" word is? My imagination isn't helping me any...

So what does Steamworks mean for Modding?

What about installing to my custom Games folder (Makes it easy for me to mod and keep track of my games.)

Will I need to be always online for Skyrim now?

Will I need to always be on Steam to play?

Also, it seems clear that retail versions will use Steamworks as well.Thus my questions.

Edited by Nightwolfhunter

What about installing to my custom Games folder (Makes it easy for me to mod and keep track of my games.)

Also, it seems clear that retail versions will use Steamworks as well.Thus my questions.

It will be exactly the same as New Vegas.

Which is a game I never played. I have seen it played exactly once, and that was on a 360. so you haven't answered my question.

Which is a game I never played. I have seen it played exactly once, and that was on a 360. so you haven't answered my question.

Oh, sorry.

Anyways, all you have to do is link the game online through steam once. Then you can play offline whenever you like.

Doesn't effect modding at all, OBSE included.

You can install games in other directories but you have to go through an extra step of creating junction points with the command prompt, at least thats how I did it.

Oh, sorry.

Anyways, all you have to do is link the game online through steam once. Then you can play offline whenever you like.

Doesn't effect modding at all, OBSE included.

You can install games in other directories but you have to go through an extra step of creating junction points with the command prompt, at least thats how I did it.

Extra step? oh boy. This will be fun to install. What is this extra step?