Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L.O.V.E. it! The new font is very nice, and the layout seems very... whats the word I'm looking for.. "modern"? "hip"? "cold chillin with the hype tip"? :)

-Shiholude

@kimict

The reason the site is being changed is because the coding behind the current layout is a mess (the behind the scenes PHP code).

@Paxan_1

Endorsements and negative endorsements are being removed because there isn't really a way to make a troll-free system.

@amycus

The current Dragon Age Nexus is pink as well... I like the idea of having a background picture instead of a static kind of (anyone remember the TV static? On the HD TV's it just goes black...) picture.

On a side note, it loads much faster on my iPhone, and actually fits and looks better now with the fixed width. Although it'd be nice to have something to look at on the sides because of the size of my screen (I mean on my computer screen, not the iPhone screen!)...

Edited by Guest

@amycus

The current Dragon Age Nexus is pink as well...

I know, but as I (I think I did?) said in my first post, the pink colour is a lot more noticeable now than in the old version. Of course, I'm sure that there are others who like the combination of black and pink, but unfortunately I'm not one of them :sweat:

Edited by amycus

I, too, would appreciate an option to continue using the old layout. Frankly, I don't understand why it needs to change anyway. The current design looks good, is well thought out and has a very good usability. Actually, I always thought that it's a very good example of how such a site should be designed. Why change something that works very well? It's a mistake that too many game developers already make. The new layout looks generic, and to hide many important elements behind mouse-over menus seems quite unnecessary, even more so since a lot of space seems to remain unused.

That said, I appreciate the Nexus sites far too much for their content to care much about the layout.