Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much, much better than before. In some ways I'd still prefer to see specific logos for each site, but in many ways the use of a background behind the logo is really a better choice. And again, the lack of proper sizing? Hopefully that will be something that the coding update will fix. And I assume that someone has pointed out that the link to New Vegas Nexus update isn't working.

Most of the reason it is changing is because its hard to work with the code in the background for the new features that are to be added. With the new site Dark0ne can do whatever he wants because it's now his own code (well, it has been, but now it's easier to work with because he knows the design. This current one is not his.)

Much, much better than before. In some ways I'd still prefer to see specific logos for each site, but in many ways the use of a background behind the logo is really a better choice. And again, the lack of proper sizing? Hopefully that will be something that the coding update will fix. And I assume that someone has pointed out that the link to New Vegas Nexus update isn't working.

Did you log out from the "current" New vegas site before trying the link?

I think you might want to add this in the op, Dark0ne since there seem to be some who miss reading ALL the comments on the first page...

I actually suggested icons in the threadtitle too in the previous thread when the change in looks was first announced, but I think the current backround image looks slightly better. And adding an icon ON TOP of the backround image might make it seem to cluttery (is that even a word? whatever, I'm tired right now)

Edited by amycus

Ah, I hadn't seen that part of the post. I think it's just as noticeable, although a little more I suppose since the heading is thicker and total color instead of the gray complemented by pink as it is now.

It is A LOT more noticeable. I always thought it was a weird - and very, very sad - choice of colors for DA, but it's discreet enough on the current layout that it doesn't really bother me. On the new site though... Again, all the rest I'll just do with it and won't complain, but I really, really hope they change those ugly colors. I suppose I'm dreaming... =(((

Yes the color scheme for DA might be the same but the visual effect is much more obvious in the new layout. I would also suggest a change in the color scheme, the amount of pinkness is overwhelming. :pinch:

Also wanna suggest Top Files be labelled as Hot Files. Just to make it distinct and less confusing from Top 100.

Edited by sendo75

Nice, like the new look although some things bother me a bit...

The thumbnail images in the modimage section are streched, wich is somehow not realy "advertisable" (can't find a better word); they should be keeping the aspectratio...

Search result and browsing have only one "Pages list" and thats on the top, a second one at the bottom would be great 'cause everytime i scrolled down i have to scroll up again...

If need I can add images...

I'm realy no good with words x.x

I still don't like the new design. However, since Nexus is my number one stop for mods to Fallout and Elder Scrolls games, I'll just have to learn to love the new design, then. : /

R.I.P Old Nexus! :'(

EDIT: I just realized that there's no grid option for viewing files AND the site doesn't scale well with my PC's monitor! (looked fine on my laptop's smaller screen...) I don't care much for all the wasted space there is, but I want my grid view back! *sigh*

Edited by Xirifus