Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

Vollach; as I mentioned in the notes, if you get the cookie.php error then log out of the Nexus site the test site pertains to (so if you're looking at the Dragon Age test site log out of Dragon Age Nexus) and that problem should go away

Oops, missed that paragraph in the notes...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a suggestion is it possible to add page numbers to

under the list in the latest files, search ect it would be much easier

That's an oversight. I'll get it in for the release. Thanks for the heads up.

Just one suggestion, too make the new design looks cleaner, limit the width of the website header (where the logo, search and top menus are) to the same width of the main website tables, here's 2 pictures to help you understand:

Explanation of what I mean

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6961/nexusjp.jpg

Result as it should look after (edited with photoshop):

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4957/nexusb.jpg

@rowtjack07: Had the same issue, seems you missed the same note I missed on Dark0ne's post, just log out of the nexus site and try the test site again, it'll work.

Personally.... I'm kinda stoked about the new look. I REALLY like it. It's a lot more modern and easier (at least for me) to get around in. The whole look is a lot less cluttered and I really like that. Not sure if this is the right spot... so please forgive me if it isn't, but I do have a feature request. There are often specific types of mods I'm looking for when searching the nexus sites... and my search is always the same... search for what you want and then sort it by Endorsements Descending. I'd love to see something in the preferences section that would allow us to set the default sort type. Saving myself the trouble of that 1 step... but for every single search I do... would really add up. Honestly, not having that feature has been my only "real" gripe about the Nexus site since I joined.

However... whether or not this feature can be implemented... I really am loving the new look. Great work and thanks! Very proud to be a premium member! http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Looks pretty. I also like the decision of putting all those stuff on the side on a drop down menu. Looks less cluttered that way and is less of a hassle as we no longer have to scroll down to find the category we want to see.

Didn't even know that there's a Nexus Sites group on Steam until now. Nice to see your adding a link to it on the new site design. Or did i just miss the link on the old one?

Edited by Winterfall

I do hope that the Internet Explorer 9 will be supported - certainly does not work very well on the samples and has a number of issues on the current site.

IE8 and IE9 are both supported. Make sure you are not running "compatibility mode" in your browser as that sets the browser to view websites as they'd show in IE7, which won't work.