First Console Game Machine

WilliamSea

lol not a lot of people will know about this frist console was ....wait for it ( Grandstand ) yes 30+ years playing computer games and console thankyou

i forget what one it was around 1979 - 1980 , i was like 3 to 4 years old o_O oh it was sliver and had 4 weird sliver disk like pads :), had pong ,pac-man and others lol, i had like 8 games per installed at a flick of a button and a game slot, i have looking for pictures for hours no luck must be very rare.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandstand_%28game_manufacturer%29

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow nice on overload we had one till last year when our water heater leaked all over it

here's my first gaming console http://www.computercloset.org/SegaGenesis1.jpg mortal combat was awesome at least I think so they all look the same

• 2 weeks later...

T'wasnt my first console, but I did own an Atari 2600. Actually..

I still own it.

And the sega master system

NES

SNES

Intellivision with no working controllers...

still have a virtual boy..

Wow. Lol.

I need a new hobby.

N-64, aged 7.

My first machine with any real power was an Xbox a little later. I've still got that Xbox, and it rusn fine. The story that they catch fire is just garbage spread by the jealous fanboys of inferior consoles, my PS2 died from overheating, my Xbox, and Xbox 360 Elite, endure today despite their age. Both a version 0.0000 of their respective breeds, the original, both bought about launcday-ish.

As for KIA machines:

'Nin GC: killed by a catastrophic discdrive failure: they may be mini-discs, but they cause maxi-damage when they get loose at speed! The little tiny disc containing Mario Party 3 got loose at maximum RPM, and ricochet'ed around the drive bay, doing terminal harm.

Sony PS2: fatal overheat, short circuit.

Xbox 360 Elite, my first one: Was taken back to the store after a seemingly terminal hardware failure, the fault was repaired perfectly, and two weeks later it was back with me and worked better than ever.

By the way, the Xbox by standard was inferior to the ps2. In fact, when the Xbox 360 came out, for two years the PS2 still had a larger profit margin for game and console sales.

The only released system that had an overheating issue on release was the Xbox 360, which was caused by low power fans and a lack of proper ventilation. However, after the recall that cost microsoft $2.5m, that was remedied. Any "console" overheat anymore is caused by simple neglect and/or being unlucky and getting a system with a component or other malfunctioning piece of hardware, however the margin for these is so small it doesn't even get taken into consideration for anything asides the people it happened to.

Btw, your comment on fanboys and "inferior consoles" make you a fanboy by definition :heh:

I also had an issue with my GC disk. I accidently forgot to snap it in properly, and the disk ended up putting a nice scratch right into the dome laser head. Goodbye gamecube. Lost 2 actually, one just stopped working, never liked GC enough to fix it. And now I have my 3rd gamecube, which was soley to finely beat wind waker :heh:

Edited by ninjafish

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I may be aging myself here, but my first console game machine was an Atari 2600. One of my favorite games was 'Adventure'. And just about all the 'Activision' games! :P

I am talking about the 'original' release, not the 'retro remake' of the console. This was state of the art, when the only other game machine was 'Pong'. :huh:

Nope, I got you beat, and I AM aging myself here, my first game machine was the first personal computer sold in the American Market Place. At the time I bought it the term PC or personal computer didn't exist yet, and neither did game console. Atari wasn't even an idea in some other humans' head yet either. I wish I still had it because it has historical significance. The first "home" computer that came off the production line for public sale. Yep, that's right I got the actual and real very first machine from the factory, the very first baby step in computer processor chips of that type too. Mine was the production serial number first entry, and it was bought in late 1969. The Radio Shack TRS 80, with cassette tape data storage!! The first hard drive hadn't been made yet. And yes it was a game machine. A keyboard housed motherboard, that name didn't exist yet either, it was called the main circuit board. With a seperate, monochrome monitor that would be called a 14 inch display by todays' standard.

MAF

Older than dirt and twice as ugly.

The Boserman

Oh BTW most computer history officanados have stated that the Sinclair was the very first "PC" manufactured. And unofficially that was true because many so called "geeks" in California of course, had built their own homemade computer circuits, using of all thing scavenged typewriter keys for building their first "homemade" keyboards. Their basic circuit design was what Sinclairs used, BUT. Radio Shack put the "first" factory manufactured unit up for sale in the "Public Market" before Sinclair sold their first "Public Market" unit.

For those that care you can find these true facts about home computers and their history by logging on to the Smithsonians website.

"Thanks for the memories."

Man you really are bringing back memories. We had both a Sinclair and several TSR-80's and a few Dragons, my dad was then and still is a computer geek, he passed that trait on. My older brother and his friends made a simple text DND game on the Sinclair. I helped with the writing. Good times.

Edited by csgators

• 3 weeks later...
my first was the good old nes and the first game i poped in that f***er was mario :).... and i own nes (2) n64's (2) ps1's (2)' ps2's ps3 wii xbox gamecube gameboy sp psp gameboy micro genisis :) all still working good.... i miss the old days when i was happy to see the old graphics and thinking.... THIS IS THE MOST REALISTIC GAME I PLAYED xD