First Console Game Machine

WilliamSea

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pong.

Really.

The first one that I had that could actually play other games was an Intellivision, mostly because my best friend had an Atari 2600, so between the two of us, we had all the games we thought we could ever want.

• 2 weeks later...

Back when I was a kid, there was only one computer in the house.

Played several educational games (Number munchers; Treasure mountain series; Dr. Brain to name a few.) Oregon trail, first alone in the dark game, text adventure games.

Years passed, my sister, brother and I had our own computers (no fighting over a single computer)

Soon eventually, originally gameboy ( I think I mario on it...don't remember.) next in line was pokemon blue on color gameboy then gotten myself color gameboy advance sp.

My sister's Playstation 2, played a bit Harvest Moon (kind of boring to me,) DMC 3 (last boss level,) DOC, BR2, FFXII (I need to finish playing it,) Magna Carta (Need to finish playing it)

On my pc - Hitman (silent assassin, contracts, blood money); Thief - Deadly Shadows, Alone In The Dark 5, Assassin's Creed, Morrowind (all the expansion packs); LOK - Defiance; Oblivion (Shivering Isles)

• 2 weeks later...

Sega Genesis. One Christmas.... I looked under the tree to see that Santa had left me a big box. I opened it up and I knew what it was the moment I read SEGA... I began to happily unwrap the rest of the box while my father turned on the TV. There in my pajamas I watched as my father hooked the little machine up, slotted a cartridge, and handed me the controller. After flipping the switch, there it went... The music and the graphics had me awestruck. I played and played and played until when I finally had to go to bed again that night, I slept and saw the game in my dreams even though I wasn't awake. It made me horribly sick. The moment I woke up, I played it again.

For years I spent hours a day with that little machine. Greatest Heavyweights, all the Sonic games, the Sports games, Eternal Champions and Mortal Kombat... Jeez...

Made me cry for hours when they finally canned it and went to the Saturn...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Life-long Nintendo nerd here. First console I ever owned was the gloriously chunky, built-like-a-tank NES.

http://outernal.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/nes.jpg

Ahhh, good times to be had by all. You had to practically prise my hands off the controllers with a crowbar just to pull me away from playing original Mario games.

Sadly, my lovely console suscumbed to the blithe of dust bunnies in the cartridge case and it stopped working completely.

I later went on to enjoy the mighty Super Nintendo-which until I eventually can afford a Wii, will remain my all time favorite Nintendo console.

I've also had an Nintendo 64 with Mario, PokEmon Stadium (complete with Gameboy transfer pack!) and Xena the game.

Then came the Playstation 1 and Final Fantasy VII. I defacted to Sony and got through THREE of the damned things, largely due to water damage, thieving older siblings or general wear and tear. One of them even happened to be the ever-so-dinky little PsOne version.

http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members1/941/616941/images/egyeb_fotok/ps/psone.jpg

I always liked the design of that one. :)

After that, came an original chunky Playstation 2 which my step-dad promptly proceeded to accidently drop down a flight of stairs during a clean out. >_<

Currently, I've switched to PC gaming for the time being but I'm torn between getting a Playstation 3 or a Wii.

After so many years, I feel compelled towards Nintendo...

Super Nintendo...so many good times, still have the thing, problem is plugging it into a modern tv. Then I bought a PS1 and then PS2, both when they lauched. I currently own a PS3 and 360. People told me I play with a few consoles at the same time, they are right.