morrowind tutorials

thatsameguy

hi I,m looking for blender tutorials fo morrowind, I know that unlike other games it only uses base meshes an does not need havocing but I can not for the life of me find a tutorial on rigging armor to a skeleton, especially for better bodies

so does anyone have one also other tutorial would nice (animations, partical effects,reflect mapping etc) would be nice, not just for me but anyone who still aspire to make stuff for morrowiind

thanks in advance

Know I did have a collection of MW info somewhere.. Not finding it.

anyway you only rig the cuirass and gauntlets iirc. The other pieces are just attached to bones and not using blend weights. But maybe you can rig greaves too. I'd have to have a quick look to see.

But I really don't think there is anything to it. If you were going to skin something you would just go about it in the usual way, in effect any tutorial for rigging would be fine. I'm positive I could figure it out just looking at the nifs and a quick test export.

I can tell you particles are probably only viable through nifskope editing or using the official max exporter. niftools exporters, all of them, don't have particle support.

ah I see, I'm still a newbie to all this, I have no 3d modeling background except in what I have googled or read, luckly Iknow some stuff,

things I know

all objects go are labeled bip (i.e bip chest) and go under bip

morrowind uses a segmented system,(i.e chest left upper arm, left lower arm,groin left upper leg,etc)

you have to name all the piece like Left Clavicle right clavicle.

the stock armor meshes were completly seperate files on with diffrent names to show what pieces they are like a_art_cuirass_XXX_c (c would be for curess)

because everything is seperat when you are converting a mesh that combines all part ,such as porting a mod mesh from another gam (that isnt stock resources of course and with permission) it usuallly boils down to cutting everything up as I have found(but thats besides the point and this topic is not meant to be about importing other objects only about rigging for morrowind)

anyways thanks for the info if you find any old tutorial would more then be happy about updating my op with the links to them