Mod Anticipation

stimike

So obviously without knowing the full extent of whats going to be available and in-game, one can only be hopeful what they want to see will be included - or, add it to a mod wishlist!

There is really only 2 types of mods I'd be interested in at the moment, but I'm curious to see what other people would like to have! (even if you think it may be included, you should still add it here. Maybe give mod makers some ideas!)

One thing I truly enjoyed with my oblivion mods was a very small change, done by Ren with the Beauty Pack. I simply *loved* the blind bandage that went over the eyes. I hope someone comes out with something like this ASAP for Skyrim

Number two, would be a more up to date and in depth Deadly Reflex primarily focused on weapon combat. The way I'd like to see it (unrealistic?) would be a collision based 7 cut system where you chose your angle of attack (Like the Jedi Knight series) Example:

Right Side would be D + Attack

Right Cross would be W+D+ Attack

Right Upper would be S+D + Attack

Vertical bound to regular attack, with left variations being the same, except it would be A+Attack, W+A+Attack , A+S+Attack and then being able to chain these together for combat. Then the collision system being, if I attack someone and the weapons clash/intercept, its a block/parry.

It's a little much I know, but its a wishlist, wish big! :D

Edited by stimike

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attack direction is already in the game.

So you can choose where you want to swing your sword.

It might be harder to crate something like Deadly Reflex since the combat system was overhauled, and it already is much like deadly reflex.

I still don't know what I'd like to see. It's nice to be surprised when you see an original and creative mod.

Myself, I am going to do visual mods.

Armor, weapons, houses, enviroment etc.

Edited by Iv000

I've only done limited texture mods for other games, but I intend to make some armor for males... So sick of all the anime style stuff for females. I know just like in real life females have more options for clothes game characters would too, but I want some badass armor that I like. Or at least what I consider cool, which means I do the mods I want.

I'll leave other mods for those who which to effect gameplay and script changes. I may get involved but I'd prefer to just focus on the visual aspect of it. Leave the smart stuff to the smart kids lol.

Edited by SHIROryuu

The mods i wish to see are the following:

1. A huge addition to the perk system (200+? BAH i want 1000+!); if possible i might try to mod it myself

2. A mod where you can actually take over territory and can develop it into farm land, or cities and etc (Been playing way to much X3 lately)

3. A mod that makes the civil war in skyrim more... dynamic; this goes along with the above, territories being fought over by different factions

4. An upgrade to CM partners; a recent interview has a Bethesda member saying they have upgraded the companion system since fallout 3 with better control menu's

5. A monster unscaler something like OOO (or was it MMM? sorry i use FCOM) where it sets monsters to spawn within 10 levels of you + or -, with lesser monsters being more common, but in big bunches; monsters equal to you being occasional, and at least 1 strong monster every so often

Ill have more after i play skyrim, until then... i just can't wait

Yeah, now that I think about it, will be very interesting to see new creatures what with the dynamic creature roaming system they have in place with the dragons etc. (Not to derail but did anyone else pee a little when that dragon randomly appeared and took out that Giant? :o )

Yeah, now that I think about it, will be very interesting to see new creatures what with the dynamic creature roaming system they have in place with the dragons etc. (Not to derail but did anyone else pee a little when that dragon randomly appeared and took out that Giant? :o )

Except there was nothing random about it(totally scripted), it's going to be super rare to see that instance. I'd rather just see the world be more realistic. It's fun to fight but if every 50 feet is something trying to kill you... Not very realistic... Lots of enemies would run as apposed to slaughter.

Page 3.

To copy/paste my list from that topic:

- Killing children. (If you're gonna bring moral issues into this, is going around slaughtering innocent adults somehow less wrong?)

- Riding dragons. (I don't care if it breaks immersion by screwing up the walled cities: I wanna fly around on a dragon!)

- Actually, scratch that: Playable dragons! I wanna fly around and smash things! You can deal with the obvious problems by making you be like a special kind of dragon that can disguise itself as a human to talk to people and crawl through those tight passageways in dungeons. If these kinds of dragons don't appear in-game already, which is even friggin better.

- Playable children too! Five-year old dragon slayers would be friggin awesome (but kinda squicky with the inevitable sex mods). Playable child dragons too!

- Almost certainly, the dragons will all disappear once you finish the main quest. The obvious answer to this is to make a mod that lets dragons continue to spawn so you can keep fighting them if you want.

- Passive dragons. They're just awesome to look at! I want dragons that I can just watch fly around all day without having to worry about it attacking me.

- Better mage outfits. Love playing magic-users, but what I've seen from the trailers has the robes kinda filthy and lame looking, and hopefully the other options aren't just color-coded variants of the dirty, nasty base robes. I require cooler robes! It should preferably have something black and menacing looking but not ridiculous like giant spiked collars or anything.

- A magnificent floating sky dragon mansion mod, because chances are the best house you can buy will be lame like Rosethorn Hall. Modders can do better! I want a pointlessly huge house filled with hopelessly expensive things that have friendly dragons that just hang out, flying around the mansion and just being awesome in general. I want living dragons in my living room to sit down and have tea with!

- In this magnificent floating sky dragon mansion, I want an arena. Not one like in Oblivion where you have to wait 30 minutes between fights hearing the announcer say the same stupid thing over and over, but just be able to spawn and drop anything in there that I want and watch them slaughter each other, of course rigged so I don't have to worry about them attacking me after the fight is over *coughAncientTowerscough*, maybe even implement optional gambling on the results. I should also be able to jump in on the action myself if I want. Be able to spawn pretty much anything generic in the game: Bandits, Dragons to fight, guards, daedra, dragons, giant spiders, dragons, zombies, bears, dragons, zombie dragons, even some innocent (generic) townsfolk, and did I mention dragons?

- Also in the mansion, a Hall of Assassination! Structure it like an inn and have a few randomly generated NPCs living together (maybe even change up the room layout if this is possible), and you can sneak into their rooms at night to kill them! Infinite dark brotherhood quests!

- Finally, a full-on Evil alternative to the main quest: Instead of saving the world from dragons, you join their side, rise to the top of whatever kind of hierarchy they have, and become ruler of the world! From my magnificent floating sky dragon mansion! Somewhat like the "Servant of the Dawn" mod for Oblivion but it shouldn't require the main quest to be completed normally first: You can choose which side to take right at the beginning, maybe even have an alternate tutorial area and opening for the Evil side. Goes perfectly with the playable dragons thing. Also, when I become ruler of the world, I expect to be able to order any guards to execute anyone I want. Even themselves. NPCs killing each other is funny. I also expect the whole "immune to crime" thing to actually work, unlike Servant of the Dawn's.

To add to the list, I'll probably want an Enchantment rebalancing mod because I just have the feeling it'll be nearly totally useless.

Hard to say what gameplay/world-altering mods I want yet, since I haven't played the game. Mostly looking forward to what kind of new quests and stuff people will come up with, Heart of the Dead and The Lost Spires were better than Oblivion's main quest.