Need help with python/wrye bash

nrot

I'm attempting to set up wyre bash for Oblivion and am running into some difficulties. I'm running Windows 7 home premium, 64-bit.

I see there are several pythons available and I don't know which one to use.. I see there is 2.5.2, 2.7.2, and 3.x.x (I'm pretty sure I need to stay away from 3.x.x because wyre bash wasn't coded for it, or so I've read).

I originally installed 2.7.2, and I couldn't get wrye bash to start... if I click on the launcher nothing happens at all (no window, no error, no sound effect, nothing). So, I tried installing 2.5.2 and see if that would change anything, it didn't... still nothing.

I have the latest files for wrye bash and wrye python. I'm always running as administrator and my oblivion folder is C:\Oblivion (no UAC troubles).

For the wrye bash launcher, in the file type column, it says 'no console', I'm guessing that has to do with the problem, but I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it. So far, the only things I have installed are the main game, SI, all DLC's, and the official and unofficial patches for all of them (with the exception of the unofficial patch supplementals, I found the installation readme unhelpful and confusing, which is why I wanted to use wrye bash in the first place). I haven't installed any other mods, or used any other tools (BOSS, OBSE, etc.)

I've already been to the wrye bash website instruction page for help and didn't find anything useful there either (I just found it to be very confusing). Any ideas? :wallbash: :confused:

What version of Wrye Bash are you installing? On Win 7, you need to use ver. 2.91. Run the full installer, it will automatically download and install all dependencies.

It's Python 2.6, and there are a few other things you will need also, check the readme.

Even with so few mods, you should still run BOSS.

Edited by eric31415