New redesign implemented

Dark0ne

Ok people using IE8 with bugs; I cannot reproduce your problems using a "clean install" of the browser on my laptop or using compatibility software. You are going to have to do some tweaking on your end to try and work out what's causing the issue as I can't fix what isn't broken for me.

Dark0ne, I fixed my issues. You were right and I was wrong. It was just me being a silly rabbit after all. Thank you for taking an interest in all of this.

Rabbit

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the new site because of some reasons:

1)Difficult to find where to endorse, send PMs and some other thing.

2)The "Top Members" button in the main page don't work and maybe other buttons...

3)Don't have a quick acces to "my files" by clicking in my username.

4)I rated 5 comments (maximum) [it was incredible because, i understand a double or triple post, with a bad internet conexion, but... 8 POSTs!!! WOW] and after rating (down) 5 of the 8 comments of this man, i clicked in "edit comment" (in my comment) and it told me something like "You have rated a comment 5 times and its the limit..." and i said: "I'm not rating any file!, i'm trying to edit my comment... anyway it let me edit it but the message should not appear.

6)The old site was really awesome!

Hope this helps, good work on it.

But i'd really like to see what @Metallicow@ said "Offering 'new' version of the old design would make transitioning for dislikers a lot more easier. TESAlliance has advanced('New') and 'Basic'(olderish) views. Why cannot nexus offer something similar for users that don't want change quite yet or maybe even ever."

Edited by FrankFamily

Well I think you need a little change in life once in a while, and I'm welcoming this particular change. I think the modding community without the NEXUS would be a sad disjointed sight; but that's just my opinion.

And now that I've finished with the complimenting - on to the criticism!

Me thinks the first thing you need to fix/adjust is the log in bar. On my Firefox, I've set it so it remembers my passwords for sites, so coming down with the cursor from my tabs or my bookmarks the cursor goes directly through the FILES tab that opens on mouse-over and it's annoying because when I'm trying to log in it collapses over the log in button and I accidentally press on New Today instead of LOG IN. I should probably mention I'm on a 1280 by 1024 monitor, though I'm guessing everybody experiences this.

If this is a popular issue, then I suggest an simple solution. I noticed there is a colored bar at the very top of this design. You could put the log in bar just under. Sure, now I'd probably be in the same spot if I were trying to the press the gamenamenexus button (AKA home button) - the user options would popup. However I don't think it would be the same situation. There would be no reason to push the home button when you've just entered the site.

Of course, I'm seeing this only from my perspective so I dunno how the other person experiences this. I did a quick search for "log" through the comments on this news entry, but the only results were people who couldn't log in at all. So please excuse if this has been discussed over already.

One other bit of criticism. Although I like the fact that the negative endorsements were taken out, I don't like that the comment reputations were kept. In my opinion it encourages the mindless youtubian behavior of rating any kind of comment for any kind of reason.

Rabbit, what was the problem? There are still some people with problems similar to yours.

All right, I am deeply embarrassed to say, but I had the "Compatibility View" active for Fallout 3 and not for Oblivion or New Vegas. I had assumed that they would all be the same, but apparently they were not. I spent all afternoon working on this only to find that the answer was so simple. My apologies.

The Rabbit

I like the new layout fine I guess, but the as others have posted, the width in the center totally blows. I like using a splash image to the top of my description page for my mods, and unfortunately now it can only be 600 pixels wide or it is cut off on the right side. Really, I mean 600 pixels? Come on, that's tiny by todays standards - may as well be a thumbnail. I thought the 800 pixel graphics I'm using now were small, but this blows. It's hard to make anything with text on it like feature descriptions and what not at that size, and still have any room for any kind of visual. Not happy right now, but I guess we all have to suck it up and live with it. I would have thought it would have gotten WIDER, not smaller. As others have said, this is a case where change sucks in terms of mod presentation on your description page.

Wow...Looks good. ;)

Navigating the site is different, but its not different then on most other sites and issue if their are issue with this new Nexus website, they will be resolved if needed, nice.