Deus Ex Human Revolution is fantastic

Dan3345

DX:HR was amazing.

Until I hit the ending. I pretty much spent 45 hours(yes, it took me that long to complete DX:HR. :P), just to press a button. I was really disappointed with that ending. Especially since I saved right before, and experienced ALL the endings just by loading up that save game. It was ALMOST perfect, except for that little thing at the end (to me at least, I still have yet to play the original one, which i did get with my Augmented Edition, so I'll probably be really spoiled by Deus Ex if I enjoyed DX:HR a lot, if what people say about it is true, that is. ;)

Edited by jhardingame

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished.

Mostly enjoyed it. I'm not sure about the end. I'm not sure what else they could have done.

I've now started Crysis 2 and I'm already enjoying it more, however. Read into that what you will.

Again, it should have been more innovative or at least give us what we're now used to, destructible environments for one thing.

I doubt that this is a game I'll keep going back to.

Cheers.

Your health is on the screen.

Nope, the screen had not anykind of bars at all in start of game, where you come from elevator and find first few enemies.

That's the tutorial level, I played that bit messing about with a controller and got shot countless times without dying, I don't think a health bar is needed.

Finished.

Mostly enjoyed it. I'm not sure about the end. I'm not sure what else they could have done.

Same, absoloutley great game but faltered slightly at the very end. Still, I don't think I'd have noticed if the rest of the game wasn't near perfect.

Some of the enviroments actually blew me away! I had to just stop and stare at some points because I couldn't believe the level of detail in the world. Also, once I can be bothered to read the various e-books lying around, I'm sure I'll learn lots of new, exciting things about science :tongue:

If I'd rate the original Deus Ex a 10 (which is silly of course since no game is perfect), Human Revolution would be a 9.5. It's very very good, but it has some issues. I don't like the way the game handles the energy bars, and I definitely don't like the boss fights. I miss melee weapons. Not a big fan of the CGI cutscenes either.

The level design is nice and open, but still not quite as open as some areas from the original game (NSF generator level in Hell's Kitchen). The first game has nothing like HR's city hubs though, which are great.

Considering the following things:

• This game was released 11 years after the original game.
  • It was developed by a completely different developer (Eidos Montreal), under a completely different publisher (Square Enix).
  • It was the first game of this developer.
  • Whereas the first game was released on PC only (with a very much simplified PS2 port later on, and a sequel which had a terrible PC port and tiny levels) HR had a simultaneous multiplatform release, the PC version was still great (lots of graphics/game options, a more suitable UI/HUD for the PC version), and the size of the levels didn't suffer from it.

It is a fantastic achievement that this game turned out so good and so true to the original as it did. It could have been really bad.

Edited by Povuholo

If I'd rate the original Deus Ex a 10 (which is silly of course since no game is perfect), Human Revolution would be a 9.5. It's very very good, but it has some issues. I don't like the way the game handles the energy bars, and I definitely don't like the boss fights. I miss melee weapons. Not a big fan of the CGI cutscenes either.

The level design is nice and open, but still not quite as open as some areas from the original game (NSF generator level in Hell's Kitchen). The first game has nothing like HR's city hubs though, which are great.

Considering the following things:

• This game was released 11 years after the original game.
  • It was developed by a completely different developer (Eidos Montreal), under a completely different publisher (Square Enix).
  • It was the first game of this developer.
  • Whereas the first game was released on PC only (with a very much simplified PS2 port later on, and a sequel which had a terrible PC port and tiny levels) HR had a simultaneous multiplatform release, the PC version was still great (lots of graphics/game options, a more suitable UI/HUD for the PC version), and the size of the levels didn't suffer from it.

It is a fantastic achievement that this game turned out so good and so true to the original as it did. It could have been really bad.

Agreed. I'ved thought that SE would butcher it but it's great. Don't really like the energy bars though.