New site; Cannot comment, locked topic? Imageshare problem too

KDStudios

Feel free to lock this now, many thanks to the staff for dealing with this swiftly :D

http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif

Okay so I was prodding around the new layout all evening.

Naturally bugs are bound to show up.

A problem I've found is that I literally cannot comment on any new mods uploaded anywhere.

After typing a comment out and clicking submit I am stopped in my tracks by a "Topic Locked" alert.

When will this be fixed?

On the side note, in the imageshare section... Endorsements are separate from the comment... This has really discouraged me.

Having to click endorse, then leaving a comment saying it was me who endorsed seems a bit... Meh.

I like authors to know who endorsed their images.

On Supporter Imageshare I can understand if people don't want others to know they are looking at images of a ... certain nature, but want to endorse it anyway. (Perhaps?)

Opinions?

I am posting a link in the staff forums for Dark0ne to have a look at this.

Buddah

Edited by KDStudios

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not able to view any comments, nothing loads.

I had the same sort of problems, I am running Windows XP Pro with IE 8, I can not upgrade to IE9 because I am running Windows XP Pro.

So the solution that I got from some folks in the Chat Room here, (Thanks For The Help Again), that fixed those same problems for me was to download and use Mozilla FireFox to read the new Nexus sites properly.

I don't know which browser you guys are using or what operating system, but doing that fixed it all for me, I Hope That Helps you.

EDIT: "Endorsements are separate from the comment"

I don't care for that much either.. lol

More to this story for me, I just changed Browsers again from Mozilla FireFox to Google Chrome.

It seems to be running faster and better for me that FireFox did.

I have never used anything before except IE since it came out, so for me I guess Google Chrome will work until I get a new computer for Skyrim when it comes out, which will get me a new operating system as well.

Same problem here:

Win Vista x64 IE8 - comments dosen't load

Win SeVen x64 IE9 - comments dosen't load

I will not change my browser for a site (I'm a IE fan)

EDIT by LHammonds: Here are the results of my browsers test I performed yesterday. All browsers worked...except IE.

Orgramirad, I am having the same problem: I cannot read or write comments anywhere, except here, in the forums. I am using Windos XP and IE8 but that should work fine. Dark0ne says that the new design won't work for IE7 but he doesn't say anything about IE8.

I hope this is fixed soon ;)

Hi,

for me IE9 is working different for the different kind of nexus. In New Vegas Nexus all is fine with the comments (viewing and adding), in Dragon Age Nexus i have the same problem like the posters above.

Specs: Win7 x64, IE9 64bit with latest updates.

Sarah

Edit: Now it is working for the DA Nexus for me.

Edited by Paxan_1

Ahhhh I have the problem also and like Zomb_killer I shall not change my browser for the sake of a site, I really hope this problem gets addressed soon as I have found this to be the best TES site in the history of historydom.

Spec XP and IE8.

Reading the advice written on this forum regarding the problems with IE with this new update, I decided to download Google Chrome and give it a go. Everything seems to work with Google Chrome, fingers crossed, so I can use this as a work around until the bugs have been ironed out with IE.

Does anyone know why the site would work in IE8 on Windows 7 but not Windows XP? I haven't used XP since Vista came out (what, 5 years ago?) and I have no platform that will let me troubleshoot this from an XP/IE8 user's perspective. If anyone on XP and IE8 has got it to work please let us know.