Houses In Skyrim

Mannon

This topic is concerning the houses that you will be able to purchase throughout Skyrim. I'm hoping that unlike Oblivion, Skyrim will have at least two houses per city. One small cheap house and one larger more expensive house. I'm hoping for different options of decorating your house and having NPC's living with you What do you guys think? How many house will be available per city, what size, etc.

I too, want more options within the same city. You know those giant Leyawiin mansions? Well too bad! You can't have one! You want a house in Leyawiin it has to be a tiny shack that's somehow just expensive as the middle class options.

But I'm not holding my breath. We'll probably have one house per city, same as before. Maybe one of the quest lines will end with a house as a reward too like Oblivion's thieves' guild line. Any more options will have to be added through mods.

(You know what I'd really like to see though? I can get at least 5 houses and I sure as hell won't be living in all of them at once. Why can't I rent the spares out and get a lovely weekly paycheck for it? God knows there are enough beggars who could use the living space...)

I'm hoping you get to commission a house getting built from scratch, contributing towards its development by gathering materials and labour to build it. The house features, size, and colour all gets customized according to what kind of labour you use, the materials you find, etc.

I'm hoping you get to commission a house getting built from scratch, contributing towards its development by gathering materials and labour to build it. The house features, size, and colour all gets customized according to what kind of labour you use, the materials you find, etc.

I want a Raven Rock type quest with Building Stages. Of course more customization as well.

I'm really hoping that houses have much more customization than what was included in Oblivion. In Oblivion, it was buy this house, then go buy pieces of paper for it to improve it. I want to actually see what I'm buying before I buy it, and choose placement around the house. I doubt that they'll include custom house building, but that would be insane. I'm also hoping that there's an option to buy any piece of property, because that's just awesome.

I remember owning every property in Fable II. The sense of completion I got from Fable was great. I did everything, all the side quests, maxed all my skills, owned everything, it was great. That's something I'm really looking forward to doing in Skyrim (the maxed skills). I imagine it will take a few more hours than Fable though. :tongue:

Edited by GotMeFaded

I have a lot to say on this subject, but I can only be bothered to say this.

About rents, if you manage to make an NPC your friend, and somehow end up in their house at night, e.g. breaking in, then they might let you stay for a night. At least that's what I heard and it was confirmed. So if you have a friend somewhere and you're homeless, you can just stay with them.

I have a lot to say on this subject, but I can only be bothered to say this.

About rents, if you manage to make an NPC your friend, and somehow end up in their house at night, e.g. breaking in, then they might let you stay for a night. At least that's what I heard and it was confirmed. So if you have a friend somewhere and you're homeless, you can just stay with them.

The squirrel and the grasshopper? lol

As far as I know you have the ability to have relationships/marriages with certain NPC's so it may be possible to share a house with them but I haven't heard anything about sharing houses.

As far as I know you have the ability to have relationships/marriages with certain NPC's so it may be possible to share a house with them but I haven't heard anything about sharing houses.

I know for a fact that if you get married with NPC's they will move in with you.

When Bruce Nesmith, the Lead Designer for Skyrim, was asked, "Will we be able to have relationships with the NPCs, romantic or otherwise?"

Bruce answered, "Absolutely! You make friends with people by doing things for them. Friends in the game will treat you differently. Some of them will even agree to go with you into dungeons and on adventures. You can even get married. If you own a house, your spouse will move in with you."

You can find the full interview here.

Edited by GotMeFaded