How will Alchemy work in Skyrim? Still need mortar

SpellAndShield

Really? Well, it's not a change I'd be too upset about. Doesn't really make much sense to have a chemistry lab in your pocket anyway, and unless you can enchant and smith while in a dungeon as well...

I always had my alchemy set at my home anyway. You know come back from adventuring, dump your ingredients you collected with your stash, knock up some potions maybe.

I'd much rather work at a stationary alchemy lab, rather than carry around all that fragile equipment. I do still want a small mortar and pestle to carry around for whipping up small, unrefined poisons on the go. I've had a portable one myself (which I lost thanks to that storage facility) that we used around the kitchen for seasonings and whatnot.

I always had my alchemy set at my home anyway. You know come back from adventuring, dump your ingredients you collected with your stash, knock up some potions maybe.

Yeah but you need mods to use the alchemy items on the table. Without mods, you need to pick everything up then put it back when you're done.

Yeah but you need mods to use the alchemy items on the table. Without mods, you need to pick everything up then put it back when you're done.

That's what I did, get the mod. If you have the console version, I guess you just have to deal with it.

From what I read in a hands on preview. The guy found an alchemy table in some old wizard ladies house. All of the effects for the ingrediants he found inside were not revealed until he either ate them or succesfully matched two matching ingrediants together. He also said that it seems like all ingrediants will have a total of 3 effects instead of 4 like in oblivion. I'd link you to it but I don't remember it.

From what I read in a hands on preview. The guy found an alchemy table in some old wizard ladies house. All of the effects for the ingrediants he found inside were not revealed until he either ate them or succesfully matched two matching ingrediants together. He also said that it seems like all ingrediants will have a total of 3 effects instead of 4 like in oblivion. I'd link you to it but I don't remember it.

It's the one from Gamespot:

Here you go!

Who's to say you won't find someone's alchemy lab in a cave or dungeon? You saw the pieces all the time in certain places.

Edit: In Oblivion.

Edited by SHIROryuu