Why do all the preset women faces have such sharp jawlines?

Topster88

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking bout this. This is pure speculation, but it may have been intentional: Remember, these are the pre-made base faces you can choose from at character generation. Most players don't want their characters to be pretty little dolls to dress up like some of us do. Nothing at all wrong with this, it's just a minority thing. Most players want a badass adventurer to play as, and a badass needs to look like they can rip you in two. So is it any surprise that the base faces are mean and tough-looking, even the females?

DEAR GOD LOOK AT THE DXT COMPRESSION! :mad: :wallbash:

Saying that the only ones I don't like are the khajiit. elves look dope, I know many won't like dark elf forehead, I think it suits them nicely.

and at least they are honest about the neck seams. no photshopping on those

Eeeuw. Chargen is going to be a challenge. All the women look like men, the orc females are the only ones that have got prettier since Oblivion. Perhaps Bethesda were afraid of being accused of discriminating against orcs.

I dunno why gals have to be ugly to be considered tough and adventuresome. If I want to look at an old bat, I can look in my mirror. In game, I can role play a deadly beauty and have it all ways. But it looks like I'm going to have to do a lot of work in the CS and chargen.

What neck seams? I haven't noticed any on the Skyrim folk and I've been trying really hard to see one.

look again.

You can see clearly on all but females of the non beast races.

and go to the beth blog for the Hq screens

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/HighElfCompilation1.jpg

Edited by Ghogiel

What neck seams? I haven't noticed any on the Skyrim folk and I've been trying really hard to see one.

look again.

You can see clearly on all but females of the non beast races.

and go to the beth blog for the Hq screens

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/HighElfCompilation1.jpg

*sighs* God damn it. And here I thought they had taken care of that problem.

Now I'm gonna stare at it subconciously because I know it's there.

*leaves to rage*

I think I know what the first mod that need to be done is.

even with the PC higher texture resolutions, I think I will have to utilise my super powers for good and recreate high res normal maps that do not contain DXT compression.. see those little squares on the nose and lips?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/other/Normalmapping3.jpg