Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

First, very happy to see the tracking centre is just a temporary thing. I was really hoping this was the case so I apologize for complaining.

However, like others have requested, can you at least provide us a reason why you are going with the fixed width design? And if we have to live with it, can you at least make the sides useful, like having a site index, the latest files list, or something that scrolls up and down with us? Other users have had some good ideas. The pictures are pretty and all but the fact remains there is still a huge amount of wasted space that should be used for something.

Other than the fixed width, as I've said, the changes are growing on me. But some sort of explanation for the fixed width would go a long way, even if it's just "because I like it so piss off". We just need something other than "it won't change". :)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@f1f2f3: Dynamic width is actually a web 1.0 thing. Fixed width is a 2.0 thing...^^

And the FACT that people fear change is not nonsense. It has been proven on this design-change already. A lot of people who at first disliked the new design, came back one day later, loving the design. Why? Because the change they had once feared, wasn't as bad as they had feared.

I am one of those; two months or so back, when I first saw the new design, I didn't like it. But when the platform was set up, and as I played around with it, adapted to how it was set up, I started loving it, and over the past few weeks, I have been using the platform a lot just to get used to it. Now I wouldn't even dream of going back to the old design!

And the change is not over yet, it has just started. Over the next weeks, we will be getting new coding for the sites from Axel, making it run more smoothly and introducing new & better functions. And as Rob said, he's not done either - he will be fixing bugs, changing things if the demand is there (Apart from width of course.^^)

Have faith, and most of all, be patient. (Just to clarify, this was not only directed to you, f1f2f3.)

Im absolutely fine with the new design, (hehe that rhymed) but I want to view the Image Share "Like it was. Like it was meant to be." (-John Henry Eden), but I dont want to view it by clicking stuff. I want to see it for free.

Other than the fixed width, as I've said, the changes are growing on me. But some sort of explanation for the fixed width would go a long way, even if it's just "because I like it so piss off". We just need something other than "it won't change". :)

I've explained the reasons in the blog posts I've made, so go read up if you really need an explanation. To cut it short: because it's far easier to work with, and because I want to :)

I reiterate again; the fixed width is staying. Move on.

I've explained the reasons in the blog posts I've made, so go read up if you really need an explanation. To cut it short: because it's far easier to work with, and because I want to :)

I reiterate again; the fixed width is staying. Move on.

I don't personally care about the fixed width issue, but FYI: to those who do care, that "because I want to" topped with a smilie is probably going to be perceived as a slap in the face.

but FYI: to those who do care, that "because I want to" topped with a smilie is probably going to be perceived as a slap in the face.

Don't talk to me about slaps in the face. Suck it up.

@amycus

Perhaps it would, but many people don't seem to notice I've been posting these. That, or they're using browsers that don't support the plugin. Well, the plugin isn't technically necessary either, but it's easier than doing it manually.

In that case, please don't mind that I put your post in my sig for a few days or weeks :thumbsup: