Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

Logout and login again then try again. Looks like the redirect telling you to login is broken.

Ok logged out, logged in (I had already done that between posts 193 and 198 - But in case you just changed something, re-did)

Logged in again http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4805615Capture.PNG

The popup disagrees after clicking a server http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4166544Capture1.PNG

Then the pop-up becomes something more than expected http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=5713650Capture2.PNG

Edited by Guest

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your website design could use some improvements though i know you are working on it. I personally like the old design much more but i will try my best to adapt. a home button as on the previous nexus would be greatly appreciated. thanks

when you arrive at the site, there is a large wasted space featuring in zoomed in pictures, alternating between latest mods, would it be better to just have rows of the latest mods, ie 6 across x 3 down in the snapshot form.

This was one of the great features of the old site, where latest mods could be arranged in column/rows 3-4 across x 5-6 down making it nice and easy to browse?

just a suggestion, and alternative to the nasty plasticy feel it has now.

Edited by biosman

I know I have been kinda a pain in the arse with the new change but I have to say thank you for fixing the width on the mod pages. That looks SO MUCH better. I like the way the green buttons are now too and how it says "unendorse me" when you have endorsed the file....again, MUCH BETTER.

some things that aren't quite right...at least on my browser with the Firefox addons I am using...

1) the left and right buttons that cycle the group of 3 images on the mod pages is not centered on the group of 3 images. The right hand arrow is slightly covered by that block and the left arrow is farther away. It just looks like the "block" needs to be centered or adjusted between the arrows. BTW, that "block" with the images and all the other info right there looks brilliant.

2) the amount of endorsements shown in the "unendorse me 210" as shown in the SS...well the 210 part of the button...looks off like there are 2 things super imposed over one another. I have the arrow pointing at the "weird" part of that button. I guess you have to see the image in the forum thread to see the issue with the right arrow.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv318/XTR3M368/nexusgettingcloser.jpg

Thanks for at least trying to accommodate those of us whiners that really like the old format.

Edited by XTR3M368

I performed this same test on August 24, 2011 as noted here --> Click me

Firefox is the Nexus-recommended browser (so says me). I initially could not get content loaded when going tab to tab such as the Files tab, images tab, etc. but I realized NoScript was blocking it so once I allowed all scripts to run, it worked fine after that.

Dark0ne tries to make the site work well with Firefox and Internet Explorer...anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

I have tested the following browsers:

NOTE: The above "portable" browsers can be used by anyone. They do not require "installation" so there is zero impact on your computer...simply extract them, run the program to test it out, then delete once done. All tests were performed with the software as configured straight "out-of-the-box" without any tweaks or changes.

Check List Tests:

1. Can login and remain logged in from page to page (while browsing and downloading)
  2. Can see mod page description, files, comments and images.
  3. Can download mods over 2MB in size.
  4. Can create mod page (modder action)
  5. Can set and remove search tags.
  6. Can upload files to mod page (modder action).
  7. Can upload images to mod page.
  8. Can add comments on mod page.
  9. Can upload images to imageshare (modder action).
  10. Can add comments on imageshare.

Test results / notes for Google Chrome:

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Side note: Holy-moly Batman! The staff "delete file" option is an instant delete link that asks for no verification. Scary indeed. Please add a confirmation for deletion since it is very possible we might be thinking "delete file" as in an individual file...not "delete mod page and all content"

Test results / notes for Firefox

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Test results / notes for Opera

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Test results / notes for Maxthon

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Test results / notes for Iron

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Test results / notes for Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success

Based on the above test results, all major site functions I have tested have been addressed and fixed by Dark0ne.

@Codor, it's definitely not a problem with Firefox 6.0, as that is what I am using as well. Now, some add-ons that might conflict is NoScript and AdBlock. (Just make an exception for AdBlock, allowing ads on the Nexus. (This also helps Dark0ne, as he gets revenue for the ads. ;)

I also want to add that the Random Image/Random File Userscript is working just like before. You do have to scroll all to the bottom though, but that is as easy as pressing "End" on your keyboard. ;)

Edited by Zaldiir