Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

I'm using Firefox 6 and I think the site looks great. I am now able to expand the dialogue without the windows shrinking allowing easier viewing from a distance. Took a cruise through and downloaded some more excellent content, left comments as well. Thanks again!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The site works perfectly on Firefox 5, 6, and 7 beta (No extensions installed), so for those having issues when using Firefox; it's not the browser itself causing the issues. Most likely, it's a plugin, an extension or a script that is causing it.

I like to think there's some good stuff from tthis but the width is a big problem for me being partially blind. I've lost over a third of my screens usefulness, over 33% efficency loss from an upgrade. It seems wordpress style is becoming the new standard, might as well put duct tape down the sides of my widescreen monitor or turn it 90 degrees. I wonder how well it would go down if they startewd doing this to TV, books & magazines. Every forum I've been on where this has been introduced has had the same complaints from users about screen width. But it seems to never be considered by people upgrading due to the SEO benifits..

I also have issues with downloading, it's a 50/50 chance of the box apperaring at all, then whether it disappears permanently when I ok the download file security thing. I also can't right click and open updated mods from the latest files page in a new tab anymore, I have to open a latest files page for each mod I want to open then open the mods. Doubling the number of clicks required to do most things. It's just backward evolution and seems to be so common nowdays..........................

But I will keep plodding through hoping the feedback will bring changes and most of the fixable issues are resolved eventually, many just being new bugs to be ironed out. Over all I like the look of things otherwise, but pretty pictures for reduced efficiency/functionality doesn't float my boat :)

Edited by ozziefire

@ozziefire:

When the new coding is in, I am sure we will have a lot increased efficiency and functionality. ;)

You got to remember that this is the early stage in the new design, so we just have to be patient and let Robin and Axel work out the bugs and implement the new features. Of course, bug reports and such are always a good thing. :)

By the way, which browser are you using, and which version? I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

I really like that you can choose what to view on the first page. I removed everything and the site looks so much better! If you only could listen to people and reinstate the old design instead of ranting in long boring blog all day. :)

@ozziefire:

When the new coding is in, I am sure we will have a lot increased efficiency and functionality. ;)

You got to remember that this is the early stage in the new design, so we just have to be patient and let Robin and Axel work out the bugs and implement the new features. Of course, bug reports and such are always a good thing. :)

By the way, which browser are you using, and which version? I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

I'm using IE8, my systems a few years old but seems pretty stable, I've noticed a lot of little obvious bugs others have reported that I'm confident will be ironed out, it's hard to get used to change at times I guess as we get older, I guess it just a feeling of being suddenly becoming a beta tester :)

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name QUADCOREDESKTOP

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model EP45T-DS3R

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2400 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F2, 18/06/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory D:\WINDOWS

System Directory D:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

Time Zone E. Australia Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 2.49 GB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 5.09 GB

Page File D:\pagefile.sys

Graphics Card GeForce 9800

If you're having problems with the download box go to your "Preferences" on a Nexus site and change the download method from the default to the other setting. (Hopefully) problem solved!

People, please, if you are going to report a bug / issue, please take a screenshot and include it in your post along with relevant information describing what you did to see the problem and what version of browser you are using...as well as any other browsers you tried in order to see if the problem was just on your primary browser.

How to take a screenshot

1. While your browser is the current / active window with the problem displayed, press ALT + Print Screen which will copy the image of your active window into memory (much like CTRL + C does for text)
  2. Open an image editor, such as MS Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image.
  3. Click File --> Save As --> JPEG Image and save it somewhere such as your desktop.
  4. If the image is too large to attach to your post or you are over your attachment limit, upload the picture to someplace like Photobucket or the Nexus ImageShare (in the Hidden category). List of Hosting Sites
  5. Once you copy (CTRL + C) the URL to the uploaded image, you can add it to your post. See example below:

[spoiler]
[img=http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/128909-1303962846.jpg]
[/spoiler]

Result:

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/128909-1303962846.jpg

The code above uses the "Spoiler" BBCode to hide the image which is mainly a courtesy to those reading the thread but not wanting to see the image...especially if the image can distort their browser window (e.g. browsing on an iPhone or small monitor). The URL is surrounded by the "Img" BBCode which allows the image to be displayed.

EDIT: And while you are in that image editor, feel free to use a bright red or green (high contrast) color and draw a circle around the problem area to draw attention to specific areas. Maybe even add some text too. :thumbsup:

Example:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Blender/BlenderMaterialsProblem.jpg

LHammonds

I really like that you can choose what to view on the first page. I removed everything and the site looks so much better! If you only could listen to people and reinstate the old design instead of ranting in long boring blog all day. :)

You have flogged that deceased equine enough. Drop it or I will shut you up for good.

Not a threat a statement of fact. Let it end now.

Buddah