Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what acutally really IS a problem:

files that require other files, do not indicate this anymore, this needs to be changed!!!

Also I would like to have a bigger tracking file button, the whole actions row with it is too small.

More suggestions:

- return of the comment tracking

- return of the readme upload

- separated track file button next to endorse me button

- additional page control below the tracked files

- a 'linked mod' tab, for mods that are great additions to another, without being dependant on each other (implemented with a file-tagging-like system)

Edited by retakrew7

It is me again and it is again about the pics above one of my mods. Today I reuploaded all of them in the hope that the first 3 uploaded pics where then shown above but ... no.

It is a race mod with several quests and I have uploaded pics from locations etc. These location pics are shown now again and not the race pics - like I wanted it to be. I want - as a uploader and author - at least to choose the 3 pics that are shown first. For me it is inpredictable which pics are shown ... this has to change.

Edited by Mondstein

Getting same problem as Enigma632 when trying to download anything from site=

Warning: fopen(/home2/fs1/files/nv/A World Of Pain Main File V302-38719.rar) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/fs1/public_html/get.php on line 47

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /home2/fs1/public_html/get.php on line 50

Please Help !!!

I know how much work it must have been, to redesign Nexus, but I still have to say, that Nexus looked much more cool and professional before your update. This looks a little bit like a kids first attempt to make a website... Sorry. If I were you I would only have changed the colour and the graphics of the old design.

I would partially agree, not like a kid's website, more like a social network site. The previous version was superior, but then again, I'm an old fashioned guy.

Using this new site I've noticed something... It doesn't generate those strong feelings in members that the old one was able to. The old one succeed to create some sort of addiction in members. You felt as if you belong to something, almost, important XD. It seems that some of the magic has been lost with this new design.

It's not that this new site is bad. It looks nice and it functions well. It just doesn't create any feelings inside you while using it. You don't care about any of those things that were important in the old nexus, like, receiving kudos, endorsements, PMs, publishing mod, someone trying to trash your mod and you snap back at him XD etc.

I can't make this post too much constructive because I don't know what was it about that old site that made members to care about all those silly things. There are some cities in America that almost prohibit construction of, new, modern buildings. They have pictures and blueprints of buildings of that city from 1930s or so. They only recreate that type of buildings and architecture. I guess that's because they want to preserve good, positive, feelings that go with that type of architecture. It's also called a good tradition. Should it be done with nexus?

(Robin will probably be pissed about this post XD, but I needed to unleash this.)

Edited by goranga

Getting same problem as Enigma632 when trying to download anything from site=

Warning: fopen(/home2/fs1/files/nv/A World Of Pain Main File V302-38719.rar) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/fs1/public_html/get.php on line 47

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /home2/fs1/public_html/get.php on line 50

Please Help !!!

Buddah on the feedback, suggestions and questions forums suggested picking another server.

I usually use the Maidenhead, Kent one being in the UK, so I tried the one for Dallas and it worked perfectly, so I guess I'm from Dallas now.