Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

~some pages to be rearranged so they can use the full width of the central content area by pushing the content on the right in to the centre. It's something I'm going to explore tomorrow.

At the top where you have the big Premium button, to the right of it is just a big grey box (probably supposed to be a banner)

Could the Advert box on the right, and the author/file info/other mods by this author boxes be moved up there? - I think this is what you mean by the quote above.

Also those three image thumbs above a file description - We have an image tab, so those three image thumbs (which seem to be a random selection from the file images) imho just take up space at the top.

Moving the ad box and the author/file info/other mods by this author boxes to the top will take a little more space vertically, which could be offset by the removal of those three image thumbs.

Also to help with re-arranging those boxes on the right, could the ad box be say two thirds of its size now, or are you forced to a minimum size for that by the ad companies?

Edit: Apologies if I have missed this subject somewhere - But have there been any security improvements with this professional site re-design?

Edited by Guest

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've created a skin for the Elder Scrolls version of the site, which restores fluid width and expands correctly for any size monitor, and I've changed and enlarged the fonts for more readability, removed the new background image (unnecessary with a fluid width), and moved some things around.

I've tested it with several of the sub-pages, namely the file area, the images for the files, and the comments, and those are satisfactory. Some other areas have the header graphics looking incorrect, but it all still seems to be usable. Also, I can't add functionality that's not on the page itself, like the endorsement info or tracking info, just style what is there.

This skin works with the Stylish plugin for Firefox or Chrome. I don't know if there's a similar implementation for other browsers, I'm afraid.

It's available on Userstyles.org: http://userstyles.or...fluid-width-etc

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/562/tesnexusskinnewsafter.th.jpg

Edited by Tchos

Just one thing I would really like to see back, please implement a 'latest modified' files box like the last design's files page - one box with the Latest Uploaded, and one with Latest Modified. It really helped to see to see the recently modified files at a glance, and basically that there has obviously been some sort of update to it.

Thanks.

Edited by GTA44

You know the design of the site is a downgrade instead of an upgrade when you need mods for it.... I miss the old design.

When I open a mod file, where do I see how many endorsements it has??! How to endorse it?

Edited by lanep25

Personally, I do not like change. However, the site did need an overhaul. It appears that you have done an excellent job so far, and will continue to do so. I will make sure I alert you of any bugs I spot via the feedback section.

Also, something occurred to me last night as a new feature for mod authors. I'll post it in the feedback/suggestion forum.

Lieutenant Slicer51b

Advanced Technology Adaption Division

Terran Starship Command

Stationed: T.S.C.S. Olympus

@tchos

Love it! Only rhing is that the text size wasn't a problem for me, now it feels like I'm reading a large print book...

EDIT: Got it changed, for those who want to do the same with Tchos' version go into Add-ons, go into Options for Stylize, type "pt" into the Find box, go down until you see h2 or some lines with .bb at the beginning and change the setting for them to a desired number (I use the "old-style" 8pt setting).

Edited by ziitch

Love it! Only rhing is that the text size wasn't a problem for me, now it feels like I'm reading a large print book...

No problem. Open up the code and look for the text:

.bb-content { font-size: 13pt 

And change the number to something smaller.

Edited by Tchos