Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

Latest mock-up of the front page.

I don't think putting the latest images on the front-page is going to change the amount of page views, but heck, lets see ;)

I would have thought something like this might suit:

http://tangentgirls.com/gallery/d/27391-2/mock.jpg

1. Move the file previews at the top over into a smaller width box.

2. Use the space created to display a slideshow of the latest images uploaded to the imageshare (5-10 images?)

I think this looks great. I lik a lot of the elements of the current layout, but it's missing a few elements. It needs the ImageShare stuff and more emphasis on mods. I like the text on the right side, and don't think it should be lost in favor of just images, because the page looks more balanced with it in. Also, I think the list of new mods could be lengthened to 10 that way which I think would be good.

@ tortured Tomato

I'd also love to see a skin with a slightly transparent backround, like that skin on youtube

http://www.youtube.c...ser/phoneyLogic

The font should be different of cause and the file description or the backround of posts should stay solid, but I'd love to see a little transparency at least between a few main elements.

This would look a little more dynamic to me. Maybe it's just me alone?

No, it's not just you. I'd like a slightly transparent background as well. I think it's competing with the main material right now, especially at NV Nexus where it's very brightly colored.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found another bug in this site, "suporter" and "report" are in the exact same place, under the avatar in comments, so you can't read them well. this image may help:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/sitebug.jpg/

EDIT: this only happens in short comments i guess.

Edited by FrankFamily

WORK AROUND: Click anywhere outside the Notification box and it disappears.

- - - - - - - -

Possible bug with new Notification box (cannot be closed on front page)

When I click the the new Notification button a box appears (it has very useful info inside - thanks).

However the box cannot be closed when on the front page (it just hovers on screen)

The small close button (top RHS) disappears as the background on the front page is constantly changing (it is hot file banner)

The button appears only briefly during the image transition.

I have to close the whole tab/reload the page to get rid of it

Firefox 6.0 in Windows 7/64 Pro

Edited by Longerhim

I posted earlier about how the forum wasn't loading any of the fancy images and website skins, well its still not working. All I can see when I click the forums is a very long column of all the links highlighted in blue against a white, blank background. Not sure what is to blame here.. Im not sure if you guys are even changing the forum part of the nexus..

Also someone posted this and it hasn't been fixed, the desert ranger has a bit of the old image between his thumb, and the hammer of ranger sequoia. Not a big deal but I am perfectionist, so its bugging me.

Quick bug report:

Action Log icon appears to be missing on "Actions: " of a file entry. "Action Log" text will appear if the mouse is hovered over the space where it *should* be (directly to the left of "Track File"/Binoculars Icon.

Checked with FF6/Chrome

Latest mock-up of the front page.

I don't think putting the latest images on the front-page is going to change the amount of page views, but heck, lets see ;)

I would have thought something like this might suit:

http://tangentgirls.com/gallery/d/27391-2/mock.jpg

1. Move the file previews at the top over into a smaller width box.

2. Use the space created to display a slideshow of the latest images uploaded to the imageshare (5-10 images?)

It seems like it would be a good idea to shrink the width of the Hot FIles section so that the weird cropping isn't so necessary.

I like the extended width of the news/blog section on the main page. But the hot files/latest files/images have their text all crammed together on the right side. :/

Could you also center those boxes for Premium members? Looks odd when there is a grey area on the side.

@Dark0ne - The home page for the New Vegas Nexus seems to be malfunctioning for me currently under Mozilla Firefox 6.0 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 9. There's a bunch of hyperlinks which gather by the "Hot Files", "Latest Files" and "Latest Images" sections. These weren't there before and it is also happening for the other parts of the nexus site system (Fallout 3 Nexus, The Elder Scrolls Nexus, The Witcher Nexus, Dragon Age Nexus). See my screenshot below from the New Vegas Nexus for an example.

.http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l597/MrGrymReaper/IssuewithNewVegasNexusinFF60.png