BEHOLD!! My Hands on Preview of Skyrim!! (RipTen)

CrzyFooL

Hey guys, Dave here from RipTen. I've finally finished my hands on preview of Skyrim after playing the game at Quake Con a few weeks ago. Sorry for the delay, but I'm posting it here first. ^__^

You may want to pull up a chair and get a glass of wine - this puppy is a long read. 3333 words to be exact.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments, and please be sure to share my preview with the rest of the internet if you feel the need.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/08/25/one-hour-with-skyrim-finally-made-me-a-true-believer-hands-on/

Find me anytime @DaveOshry on Twitter or email [email protected]

Get Some!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great read. More entertaining the most of what I've read so far. Thank you very much. It's very refreshing, exciting... Making me curse the short time before release.

Not to ruin the read for anyone but "I took everything from these bandits, including their dignity." this statement made my day.

Hey! Thanks for giving your experience in such detail. It was a fantastic read. I have a few questions:

Were you allowed to fast travel right out of the cave? It doesn't sound like it because you looked on the map to see where the town was instead of just warping there, but just want to make sure.

If you remember, what were the exact names and statistics of the spells you started out with?

How did picking up quests work? You just talked to someone and it gave a "quest added" pop-up? Or something else? What happens if you walk away from someone while they're in the middle of explaining the quest to you?

How does shoving work? As in, what buttons did you have to press to perform it? How do you control what direction the shove is in?

You mention finding an enchanted greatsword: Exactly what information was in the UI about its enchantment?

Finally, this isn't a question but... OMG VAMPIRES!?

Edited by Alcrin

I'd really enjoy if people didn't rush to post things in this interview. It'd be really nice if people go to read it before spamming info trying to be a glory hog.

Edit: Too late.....

Edited by SHIROryuu