⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Why was Negative Endorsement removed?

Sagebeat

"Crawled out of woodwork"? Seriously? How about "People who use your mods"? People for whom you make your mods?

And don't give me that "I don't actually care about them / I don't do it for them" crap. If that was true, you wouldn't be publishing them.

We used to have something like that

It failed miserably.

It was either exploited just like the one that has been removed or completely put out of context.

For example someone could put it at 4/10 just because it's not to their own personal taste

or someone could just put 7/10 because it didn't work with such and such a mod.

You have problems with that? That's, like, their opinion, man. People should stop getting angry at people over the internet. Someone doesn't like your mod because of something? Take note of that. His criticism is worthless? Ignore it. No reason to get hurt. How about you guys stop caring so much about red and green colored numbers?

A voting system should always serve the user's interests, not the contributor's e-peen.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does negative endorsements need to exist?

What is wrong with a simple "bug report" or "review"

They can adequately provide other users with insight of problems with the mod and provide the author with the necessary feedback to improve their work.

I see no need for an eyesore.

Why do positive endorsements need to exist for the same reason, if we can see from comments alone whether a mod is worth downloading or not? To be honest, the owner of the site makes money of the website, because of people like us, making us more or less his customers, in some small way, we're paying him for this privilege, whether it be a premium account or ads. We obviously find the system useful, and you should really look closely at the thread, many people on both sides are advocating a review system.

The review system would have course need to come with some kind of positive or negative attribute on it, such as a 1-5 star scale or 1-10 quality scale, or it would suffer from the same issue as the bloated comments area.

Facebook

Youtube

Planet Elderscrolls

Metacritic

All these places employ these as a means to safeguard people against things they don't want. Ask yourself why YouTube does it for user made content if there's no need for it, or for that matter, why the majority of the world uses systems like these instead of "positive feedback only"

Far too much rage in this topic over a trolling feature being removed.

It's actually rather surprising.

It wasn't liked, it was removed.

It's gone. It's currently playing domino's with other bytes in the void of a computer's recycle bin.

As funny as it is... there's less than a dozen people that want them back.

There's over 2 million users on the nexus.

Enough said.

It's gone. It's currently playing domino's with other bytes in the void of a computer's recycle bin.

Enough said.

I wish you wouldn't do that, we're trying to be civil.

Enough said.

I think we should be concerned about what is the best outcome for everyone, not what the majority wants.

Different things.

Enough said.

So let me get this straight. Because it had the capacity to hurt your feelings, it was a "troll feature"? And you seem to be counting the people who dislike the change in this topic vs. ALL the members of the website. That's not very rational.

Enough said.

So let me get this straight. Because it had the capacity to hurt your feelings, it was a "troll feature"? And you seem to be counting the people who dislike the change in this topic vs. ALL the members of the website. That's not very rational.

Yes, it was a troll feature. None of the options offered constructive criticism, being that you weren't forced to comment about it. If it doesn't fit into your own personal tastes? Well, thats great for you, move on to whatever you like. To just download it, wait three hours, and come back just to thumbs down is just being a troll if you don't say why, which, may I add, most people didn't.

I have nothing against the feature, since I've never had a negative endorsement, so "meh."

I am stepping out of this now, it's a pointless endeavour trying to reason with you people.

It was used for trolling.

Provided no useful information.

Mod authors got it removed.

At the end of the day it's essentially because of us it has gone.

Good day.

Edit: LordFrostcraig is correct

Edited by KDStudios

So let me get this straight. Because it had the capacity to hurt your feelings, it was a "troll feature"?

You know, this brings to mind this notion I constantly see on the Internet that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinions or otherwise criticizes you is "trolling".

Edit: If this change is going to last, a system where comments can be up/downvoted so that helpful comments which provide insight into the mods, by highlighting flaws or errors that could arise from using it, are placed at the top or in a separate bar making them easy to see.

To me, this seems to be the best solution if scrapping the negative endorsement system is set in stone.

Edited by Tferr

I am stepping out of this now, it's a pointless endeavour trying to reason with you people.

It was used for trolling.

Provided no useful information.

Mod authors got it removed.

At the end of the day it's essentially because of us it has gone.

Good day.

Edit: LordFrostcraig is correct

Thankfully for KD, we don't necessarily want it re-implemented back in the same fashion it was before! I think we can all agree that a new or tweaked system would be best. Any b looking at thread activity, this has become the second busiest thread in feedback at all, and only in a few short hours. Some of us may not be part of the modding community, but obviously we want our voices heard as well.

Edit: I believe Lord Frost is saying that most people DIDN'T use it to troll, because it required them to use the mod for 3 hours, and then go out of their way to down vote it. Most people in that situation would follow up with a comment as to why, I know I did, every time. If he's right, why are you arguing?

Edited by Sagebeat