So now DLCs are a Xbox 360 timed exclusive...

abriael

360 sales of any game including TES dwarf PC sale .. Although I'm a PC gamer and think of myself as the real fan base for TES .. 360 players really are the majority of TES players like it or not .. yea yea .. flame me for telling the truth .. I'm ready .. I can take it

Have anything to back that up? I mean hard data.

Oblivion in the first week, out of the 1.7mil sold, 13% were PC sales.

I did have some figures much further into it's release. It was clear PC sales remained much more steady over time. I think last count it was 25% total sales and still climbing. but that was years ago. I even had a PS3 figure at one point.

If you look some data is out there.

Wasn't oblivion quite a heavy game for most computers back then?

Quite so.

I don't know if this is an indicator of that, but F3 in the same time frame after release, 17% were PC sales. So a very decent percentage increase in the PC market.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC sales are dwarfed by console sales every time for every game and Tod Howard did say it in an interview and people argued the same thing when he said it .. later to be backed up by a poll.. I'm looking for number now in fact but I don't have them and I'm not digging throuhg the hundreds of todd howard interviews Ive seen in my lifetime so get use to this cause I might not back up my statement .. it doesn't mean I'm lying

He's said more or less that. They sell way more on the Xbox than the PC. That is true. I think at least twice he confessed that, so it probably won't be hard to find a reference.

this is more of an annoyance then a problem really...

i dont see this as "omg ruining consoles everything" more of a "Microsoft spending its money" stupidly i might add. MS making exclusivity just for 360 is dumb.

but like i said not really a problem just an annoyance.

Getting DLC early isn't going to make me want to get the 360 version. It seems like a waste of money on Microsoft's part. (I am assuming they are paying for the 'privilege'.)

Edit: The first sentence annoyed me.

Edited by Arredamaal

I think this entire conversation is missing a critical detail: Exactly what are these first two pieces of DLC? If they're the Skyrim equivalent of horse armor then I think I can safely say I don't give a s***.

Doubt it, Todd's friend said they'd only release DLC's which are a cross between the so called "horse armour" and expansion packs.

Edited by deama

Its simple .. Microsoft wants you to buy on the 360 so they tell everyone they HAVE to own the 360 version of the game for first access to DLC .. I don't know about windows and all that though .. This is mostly an attempt to stop PS3 sale on Microsoft's part .. not PC sales... MS knows this game's fanbase wants DLC and they know Bethesda is the master of DLC/Addons/EPs .. AND MS arnt a much of rookies .. I assure you they crunched the numbers and this is paying off in there favor .. so did they pay bethesda enough to make up for the issues the fanbase will have with this? .. my guess is yes .. they know most of there fans will buy DLC a month late like it or not .. "I will" Edited by jedimembrain

Well at least we have something for sure that consoles will never have.Though I wish I could get the DLC´s at the same time.Then again the game isn´t out yet and companies are already worried who is going to be the first -.-