Would you waste money on collector's edition?

ReaperLeopard

There guys hope this breaks it down for you, I did my best to break it down realistically , obviously the prices may differ but I paid $150 canadian dollars so I broke it down the way I thought it made sense :happy:

--------> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/alduin.jpg/ ENJOY

Edited by AxeAlot

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game shouldnt be 70 <_< .. but aside from that I mostly agree .. its not the ripoff people make it out to be .. just because a statue is plastic doesnt mean its worthless .. have you ever priced collectable figures? .. its about the paint job and molding .. the statue is full of detail and very well painted .. easily 30+ dollars .. the games is about 60 .. the DVD about 15 .. the book about 20-30 .. that does leave a bit of money un accounted for but certainly not enough for the gripe people put out because the statue is plastic .. what should it be? .. hand carved into marble stone? :P .. or a cement mold? .. plastic isnt bad .. people just hear plastic and instantly assume crap Edited by jedimembrain

The game shouldnt be 70 <_< .. but aside from that I mostly agree .. its not the ripoff people make it out to be .. just because a statue is plastic doesnt mean its worthless .. have you ever priced collectable figures? .. its about the pains job and molding .. the statue is full of detail and very well painted .. easily 30+ dollars .. the games is about 60 .. the DVD about 15 .. the book about 20-30 .. that does leave a bit of money un accounted for but certainly not enough for the gripe people put out because the statue is plastic .. what should it be? .. hand carded into marble stone? :P .. or a cement mold? .. plastic isnt bad .. people just hear plastic and instantly assume crap

When I pre ordered the game and paid it off BEFORE upgrading to the collector's edition I believe the game was $67 canadian dollars not sure if that was without tax or not :s pretty pricey for just the game ALONE lol :wallbash:

- Making of DVD. You can easily read Bethesda diary and interview transcripts. Besides, someone will post this video online.

please link the oblivion one, id like to see it.

Yes and I did :P .. I'm a fan and I want to support my favorite game studio of all time and I love the little collectable things .. may be junk to you but its loot to me :3 Plus I want to own the making of DVD more than anything .. I'm happy with it .. ^_^

EXACTLY. it is a COLLECTOR'S EDITION, people don't understand that for Collector's that is loot to the max :) The statue is insanely detailed and will look awesome in my living room, the 200 page concept art book is going to look great on the coffee table and I cannot wait to look at all the bad ass concept art they came up with , and yes the DVD will be so boss! can't wait to see it! :dance:

I understand that on benefit of £65 per week, if I haven't managed to get another job by then, the Collector's Edition at GB£130 (yes, it's even more of a rip off here, that's equivalent to over US$200)is equivalent to two weeks money. And I'll struggle to get the standard edition, although I'll manage it somehow.

However, even supposing I AM back in work, I STILL won't be buying the CE because of the fact that we are getting really caned over here on the price...oh and plastic statues are just not my thing.

what should it be? .. hand carved into marble stone?

damn right lol marble... Now your talking!!! Haha

Yes and I did :P .. I'm a fan and I want to support my favorite game studio of all time and I love the little collectable things .. may be junk to you but its loot to me :3 Plus I want to own the making of DVD more than anything .. I'm happy with it .. ^_^

EXACTLY. it is a COLLECTOR'S EDITION, people don't understand that for Collector's that is loot to the max :) The statue is insanely detailed and will look awesome in my living room, the 200 page concept art book is going to look great on the coffee table and I cannot wait to look at all the bad ass concept art they came up with , and yes the DVD will be so boss! can't wait to see it! :dance:

I understand that on benefit of £65 per week, if I haven't managed to get another job by then, the Collector's Edition at GB£130 (yes, it's even more of a rip off here, that's equivalent to over US$200)is equivalent to two weeks money. And I'll struggle to get the standard edition, although I'll manage it somehow.

However, even supposing I AM back in work, I STILL won't be buying the CE because of the fact that we are getting really caned over here on the price...oh and plastic statues are just not my thing.

Sorry to hear that mate hopefully you manage to get the standard edition ! :confused:

- Making of DVD. You can easily read Bethesda diary and interview transcripts. Besides, someone will post this video online.

please link the oblivion one, id like to see it.

Shame that it's only 360p :( Cant wait to get the hard DVD version of the Making of Skyrim to watch in better quality on my big screen ! :thumbsup:

It's completely worth it, seeing as it's the Collectors Edition, not the "casual edition". That statue will probably be worth a good bit of cash in a couple of years, regardless of it's material, and it'll hopefully pay for itself. It does suck that not everyone can afford it, but I'm willing to blow a little bit of cash to support Beth and because I appreciate the franchise that much (not that those who don't get the CE don't). I paid the game off last month (I think), the CE last week, and the guide today. That's around 170-180 bucks (USD) and I'm cool with it.