3 new Skyrim gameplay videos

NAPALM13092

low res shadow map

Go into the ini file when you get the PC version and change it from something like the 64 that it is set to to something like 1024 :tongue: :thumbsup:

I hope it will be an option in game .. as well as options for SSAO and of course higher res textures .. maybe even some more advanced skin rendering materials.. but honestly .. aside from the blurry textures on the 360 everything looks great! .. I don't mind the shadows that much .. remember oblivion self shadowing?.. bleh..

No extra shaders I bet.

Even though how SICK SICK SIIIIICK it would be to have any advanced shader like a SSS option on characters. It would look so much better it is not even funny. A SSAO.. yeah that'll be nice. The SKyrim Graphic extender would add one if they can understand the shaders. But As I understand it none of the peeps can figure out how F3 works yet so.. lets just forget about it for a year or so.

Edited by Ghogiel

low res shadow map

Go into the ini file when you get the PC version and change it from something like the 64 that it is set to to something like 1024 :tongue: :thumbsup:

I hope it will be an option in game .. as well as options for SSAO and of course higher res textures .. maybe even some more advanced skin rendering materials.. but honestly .. aside from the blurry textures on the 360 everything looks great! .. I don't mind the shadows that much .. remember oblivion self shadowing?.. bleh..

No extra shaders I bet.

Even though how SICK SICK SIIIIICK it would be to have any advanced shader like a SSS option on characters. It would look so much better it is not even funny. A SSAO.. yeah that'll be nice. The SKyrim Graphic extender would add one if they can understand the shaders. But As I understand it none of the peeps can figure out how F3 works yet so.. lets just forget about it for a year or so.

I have SSAO on fallout 3 and fallout NV .. You need an Nvidia card though .. I also use the Nvidia SSAO on oblivion and my frame rate is much higher than the OGE SSAO

I really do like the way they've done the fire. Slightly off topic but am I the only person who makes a point of walking behind rather than in front of someone filming? if that was me making the video then 90% of it would be those people getting kicked and sworn at.

In the first video description:

"To avoid the security minders I set up a long ways away and had to use the zoom at max to get these shots. Excuse the heads and passers-by."

3rd:

"I found a closer location to covertly take shots of this great looking game. Even though I was in a different booth entirely, by the end of the clip a security guy saw me and made a beeline my way. I vacated the scene of the crime."

I assume the people walking in front of the camera were unaware or didn't give a crap since they're not allowed to film anyways :P

About how the fire looks, YESSSS!!!

I'm definitely making a mage character...

With lightning in one hand and fire in the other. Depending on how frost looks, I forgot...

I really do like the way they've done the fire. Slightly off topic but am I the only person who makes a point of walking behind rather than in front of someone filming? if that was me making the video then 90% of it would be those people getting kicked and sworn at.

"To avoid the security minders I set up a long ways away and had to use the zoom at max to get these shots. Excuse the heads and passers-by."

3rd:

"I found a closer location to covertly take shots of this great looking game. Even though I was in a different booth entirely, by the end of the clip a security guy saw me and made a beeline my way. I vacated the scene of the crime."

I assume the people walking in front of the camera were unaware or didn't give a crap since they're not allowed to film anyways :P

With lightning in one hand and fire in the other. Depending on how frost looks, I forgot...

He's holding it above his head, how can they miss it? he obviously has more patience than I do, I'd have gone off on one. :biggrin:

Back on topic: I think I'll be making a mage too, there's something therapeutic about setting fire to people. :thumbsup:

there's something therapeutic about setting fire to people. :thumbsup:

Someone's a pyro lol.

I'll have my fun and build many different character types. Ones that aren't even traditional.

there's something therapeutic about setting fire to people. :thumbsup:

Someone's a pyro lol.

I'll have my fun and build many different character types. Ones that aren't even traditional.

I tend to play Bretons, they're good for mages but not completely useless with melee weapons for the occasions when magic isn't the best option or you've run out of mana.

3rd:

What I don't understand is why they went out of the way to try to stop the cameras. What, do they not want free advertising for their game? It's not like anything in a 15-minute demo (with the main quest chopped out anyway) could possibly be spoilery...

Frost looks pretty good, you actually get to see people freeze. Plus, Frost does fatigue damage, Shock does magicka damage. Since it's fairly safe to assume almost all enemies in the game will be pure melee-ers, I think frost is actually going to be a non-useless option this time. Then again, lightning also bounces around corners...

The reason is simple .. marketing trick .. hold back information and people want it more .. its a big tease .. but I'm totally hooked .. even if I know they are messing with me .. its fun for me to dig for those little leaks they try so hard to stop .. but to be fair .. they havnt been pulling these youtube vids like they did with the quakecon vids