The New PC im going to play my Games on

daventry

As far as cases go, I went for Coolermaster HAF 932. A massive brute, but quiet with huge fans.

I have this case here.

and it has x3 120mm fans but i wouldn't say they were big.

What is concidered a big fan?

120mm is about standard size for case and cpu fans. My Case has a 200mm fan built into it (Antec 900), which I would say is big.

haha yeah i would say so two its nearly double the size of mine, dont think i could fit that into my case! :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also go for Nvidia GFX cards as well due to ATI cards tending to have bad driver issues and dont support things like physx.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ATI cards do actually support Physx, they have no trouble handling it. It's just that Nvidia doesn't like people that don't use their cards and disable it if you use a card that is non-Nvidia.

I would also go for Nvidia GFX cards as well due to ATI cards tending to have bad driver issues and dont support things like physx.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ATI cards do actually support Physx, they have no trouble handling it. It's just that Nvidia doesn't like people that don't use their cards and disable it if you use a card that is non-Nvidia.

I'm pretty sure that Nvidia has the rights to physx as it is actually built into the hardware. I think ATI cards need modified drivers to use it. I could be wrong though.

Because I'm a sucker for minimalistic looks, I bought the Corsair Obsidian 700D (The link is for the 800D, because they stopped making the 700D, the only difference is that mine has no window and no hot-swap bays in the front.) It has to be the best case I have ever used, its super simple to hide away any cables. Only downside is its kinda big. I would still recommend it though, if you have the money to spend.

As far as cases go, I went for Coolermaster HAF 932. A massive brute, but quiet with huge fans.

I have this case here.

and it has x3 120mm fans but i wouldn't say they were big.

What is concidered a big fan?

My case has 3 x 200mm fans and a 230mm built in (looks at case and its spec sheet).

I am not sure why everyone thinks you have to go for an Nvidia card because ATI have such bad driver issues. Except that Nvidia fans keep saying it so often that people are starting to believe it. I had an ATI 4850 1Gig card in my last system and I have an ATI 6950 2GB now. Can run any games beautifully and no stability issues.

And yay to the Phenom Hexacores - have one of those too!

So, I recently (this past week) decided to make a major upgrade on my rig. Ok, well, it was pretty much more like a whole new PC. Specs are as follows:

Rosewill Challenger case

Antec 380D Green psu

Gigabyte Am3+ board

4GB DDR3 1600 RAM

Phenom x4 965 3.4Ghz

Radeon HD 6670

At less than $500, technically a budget build, but way above what I had prior. The GPU I upgraded from a 4650 back in mid August on my previous PC. The folks at Tom's Hardware helped me pick out the right components. Thing is, while the 6670 is in no way a low end card for this gen, for just a bit more money I could get say a 6770 or 6850. Since my old PC is mostly still there, I was thinking I could sell it with the 6670 to my younger sister (at a good family discount and all) and then upgrade my own GPU. Half of my games wouldn't see that much difference, but ones that use shaders like SSAO, or badly ported games such as GTAIV, should. At least I would hope.

My question is, how much of an upgrade would a 6850 be to a 6770? For $40 more I would hope it would be a good bit. Also, I naturally would prefer to upgrade before Skyrim comes out. Do you guys think GPU prices will have gone down any in the next month? The HD 7000 series seems like it won't hit the market till early next year, so perhaps the price drop won't happen until then?

So, I recently (this past week) decided to make a major upgrade on my rig. Ok, well, it was pretty much more like a whole new PC. Specs are as follows:

Rosewill Challenger case

Antec 380D Green psu

Gigabyte Am3+ board

4GB DDR3 1600 RAM

Phenom x4 965 3.4Ghz

Radeon HD 6670

At less than $500, technically a budget build, but way above what I had prior. The GPU I upgraded from a 4650 back in mid August on my previous PC. The folks at Tom's Hardware helped me pick out the right components. Thing is, while the 6670 is in no way a low end card for this gen, for just a bit more money I could get say a 6770 or 6850. Since my old PC is mostly still there, I was thinking I could sell it with the 6670 to my younger sister (at a good family discount and all) and then upgrade my own GPU. Half of my games wouldn't see that much difference, but ones that use shaders like SSAO, or badly ported games such as GTAIV, should. At least I would hope.

My question is, how much of an upgrade would a 6850 be to a 6770? For $40 more I would hope it would be a good bit. Also, I naturally would prefer to upgrade before Skyrim comes out. Do you guys think GPU prices will have gone down any in the next month? The HD 7000 series seems like it won't hit the market till early next year, so perhaps the price drop won't happen until then?

The 68xx are the best when it comes to price/performance, you should definitely buy the 6850.

And I think you should buy it now, if the prices drop later on you can buy another 6850 if you want and crossfire them for extra performance.

• 2 weeks later...

After some Consideration with my Friend who works at the PC Shop where i will Buy my New PC, we have come up with this and its Cheaper too.

R3450.00

http://www.msi.com/pic/product/five_pictures1_2380_20110408161608.jpg

N570GTX TWIN FROZR III PE - MSI GTX570GTX TWIN FROZR III POWER EDITION (With the full support of the latest Microsoft DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.0 and Shader Model 5.0)

R1035.00

http://di1-3.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/bc/96/5b/103597324-260x260-0-0_Thermaltake+Thermaltake+Technology+Thermaltake+EVO.jpg

TT-W0307RS - THERMALTAKE EVO BLUE 650WATT PSU

R1380.00

http://www.msi.com/pic/product/five_pictures5_2399_20110518092603.jpg

MB-Z68MA-ED55 (B3) - MSI® INTEL Z68MA-E55- INTEL CORE I3/I5/I7

R3025.00

http://p.gzhls.at/580332.jpg

BX80623I72600K - INTEL® CORE I7 2600K 3.40 GHZ 8MB CACHE SKT 1155

R805.00

http://s1.kuantokusta.pt/img_upload/produtos_informatica/177767_3_thermaltake-frio-ock-intel-amd-ttclp0575.jpg

TT-CLP0575 - THERMALTAKE® FRIOOCK - DUAL 130MM 2100RPM

R1380.00

http://www.ark-pc.co.jp/image/item/top/11750938.jpg

CML16GX3M4A1600C9B - CORSAIR® VENGEANCE -DUAL-MODULE KIT 16GB KIT 4GB X 4

R299.00

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE-Bv-3aajLbvdaPbhdnFaTlahYznNYDKrXf2jWaGaXoFiTLNO

Corsair CMXAF2 Airflow 2 memory cooler , 2x 60mm fan , 3500RPM , 26.2CFM , 25.2dBA - with extra height - ideal for 3x memory

Edited by daventry