The New PC im going to play my Games on

daventry

I would agree with that for the most part .. Nvidia has better support for shader features .. like SSAO .. but since DX11 and tesselation the benchmarks arnt looking to good for AMD .. I'm sure that will change at some point .. they do compete with each other .. ATI had an up point in 2000 and now Nvidia has the edge .. things change .. but I still advise against paying for an AMD card when preparing for a next gen ready system since AMD drops about 40-50% when tesselation is turned on .. where Nvidia only looses about 15%

<snip>

I believe that.

But I just can't afford Nvidia and Intel right now. And maybe AMD will get better with future cards.

I upgraded my PC mostly for Skyrim and other. And I doubt that graphics in the near future (Next 3 years) will get any more detailed.

Short said, I like paying less :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you prefer ATI and AMD more? I'm curious, why is that? From the research I've found, Nvidia is better for gaming, and Intel has more support. I could be wrong, but I used to research a ton when building a $1600 computer from my brother. But things change.

Mostly because it's cheaper.

The six core 970 i7 costs 3 times the price of the 1090T.

Same with GPU's Nvidia's cost 2 or 3 times more.

I think AMD is better for normal gaming and 3D modeling/photoshop etc.

I know that Nvidia and Intel are performance wise better, but they are too expensive to buy just for gaming and art.

youre comparing the way overpriced first gen intel fours cores with a current gen AMD cpu.

also Nvidia isnt overpriced 560ti vs 6950, the nivida is cheaper gtx570 vs hd 6970 again the nvidia is cheaper. of course the 580 is 500 bucks but thats in a class of its own.

but i dont have a problem with either but by the time AMD releases its bulldozer intel will release its ivy bridge and take the lead again :confused:

edit: also their no doubt in my mind that ATI makes better low end cards the 6800's just crap all over the 550ti

Edited by hector530

So you prefer ATI and AMD more? I'm curious, why is that? From the research I've found, Nvidia is better for gaming, and Intel has more support. I could be wrong, but I used to research a ton when building a $1600 computer from my brother. But things change.

Mostly because it's cheaper.

The six core 970 i7 costs 3 times the price of the 1090T.

Same with GPU's Nvidia's cost 2 or 3 times more.

I think AMD is better for normal gaming and 3D modeling/photoshop etc.

I know that Nvidia and Intel are performance wise better, but they are too expensive to buy just for gaming and art.

youre comparing the way overpriced first gen intel fours cores with a current gen AMD cpu.

also Nvidia isnt overpriced 560ti vs 6950, the nivida is cheaper gtx570 vs hd 6970 again the nvidia is cheaper. of course the 580 is 500 bucks but thats in a class of its own.

but i dont have a problem with either but by the time AMD releases its bulldozer intel will release its ivy bridge and take the lead again :confused:

I'm comparing the prices from my local Hardware shop.

I'm not an expert on Nvidia's GPU's or CPU's, so I don't know which one is better. True, the 560ti is cheaper then the 6950. Is it any better? I should have researched Nvidia cards a bit more.

Also the 970 i7 is a six core, at least that's what the shop tells me.

Also, again, I'm in Croatia and we have a very limited selection here.

Back when I bought the 6870 and 1090T, they were the only ones that were available, the 560ti were sold out and so were most of the other products, still are today. :/

Best cpu £ for pound is probably the i5 2500k. imo hands down. An AMD 955 will do the job for every game including Crysis maxed out at 1080 and you'll not notice any sort of difference in game between the 2 cpus. and probably for the next couple years, perhaps until 2014/when the next console iteration comes out. Or if you plan to start using multi monitor, in which case you have mad cash anyway so going for any budget option sounds daft.

The best gpu for price probably an unlocked 6950 to 6970. Up until recently Nvidias prices couldn't sway me to even consider the 560 or 570. But since they dropped a bit they are definitely worth looking at. And again if you consider that your gear won't be pushed too hard until the next console iteration, either a 6950 or a 560 will keep you at max setting at 1080 on all games including Crysis until perhaps 2013-14.

I wouldn't get sucked into this idea Nvidia is better, because actually it might be, but on regular 1080 and maxed setting an X4 and an unlocked 6950 will eat everything for years to come, in other words unless you are trying you're never going to drop below 30fps in anything for a while yet. PC hardware is far enough ahead that on a budget system like I have, I can max crysis at 1080. sure I'd like better gear, but what else do I need when I am getting max 1080 and no drops below 30fps?

Also, when there is a reason to think about tessellation being an issue, then think about it. so far no games are designed taking advantage of the api, unless you are just running tech demos and benchmarks, then it makes zero difference today, and until developers get on with building games to truly make use of the damn feature then it's just some BS stats that mean nothing to your gaming and no one cares.

Edited by Ghogiel

Best cpu £ for pound is probably the i5 2500k. imo hands down. An AMD 955 will do the job for every game including Crysis maxed out at 1080 and you'll not notice any sort of difference in game between the 2 cpus. and probably for the next couple years, perhaps until 2014/when the next console iteration comes out. Or if you plan to start using multi monitor, in which case you have mad cash anyway so going for any budget option sounds daft.

The best gpu for price probably an unlocked 6950 to 6970. Up until recently Nvidias prices couldn't sway me to even consider the 560 or 570. But since they dropped a bit they are definitely worth looking at. And again if you consider that your gear won't be pushed too hard until the next console iteration, either a 6950 or a 560 will keep you at max setting at 1080 on all games including Crysis until perhaps 2013-14.

I wouldn't get sucked into this idea Nvidia is better, because actually it might be, but on regular 1080 and maxed setting an X4 and an unlocked 6950 will eat everything for years to come, in other words unless you are trying you're never going to drop below 30fps in anything for a while yet. PC hardware is far enough ahead that on a budget system like I have, I can max crysis at 1080. sure I'd like better gear, but what else do I need when I am getting max 1080 and no drops below 30fps?

Also, when there is a reason to think about tessellation being an issue, then think about it. so far no games are designed taking advantage of the api, unless you are just running tech demos and benchmarks, then it makes zer difference today, and until developers get on with building games to truly make use of the damn feature the it's just some BS stats that mean nothing to your gaming and no one cares.

True .. but thats why I said "If your preparing for next gen" .. current consoles can't do tesselation so of course only few games make use of it and its normally tacked on badly .. but its a fantastic effect that will be used as part of the LOD system in future games for sure.

Actually, I got MW and tribunal bundled in with one of my old pny geforces many years ago. I just saw a Deus Ex bundle, and it struck me...you could probably hold off buying/upgrading any GFX cards and wait to see if you can get Skyrim free with it. :thumbsup:

Actually, I got MW and tribunal bundled in with one of my old pny geforces many years ago. I just saw a Deus Ex bundle, and it struck me...you could probably hold off buying/upgrading any GFX cards and wait to see if you can get Skyrim free with it. :thumbsup:

Heh, might as well do that.

I got Dirt 3 with my GPU, should have given it to someone, I don't like it :tongue: