daventry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do i use these Sites for PC Updates

www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20030521269172.html

www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx

www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%AE+3+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%AE+Desktop+Board+DP35DP

If you mean driver updates then yes.

Choose your hardware and download the driver.

Though if you have older drivers installed I recommend unistalling them before installing new ones.

Also I think you only need to update your GPU drivers, the CPU and Motherboard should be like they are unless something is wrong with them.

I can testify for the coolness (literally and figuratively) of the Coolermaster Cases - I have the HAF 932, as I was concerned to go for good airflow too.

As well as for the kickass nature of the ATI 6950 2Gig card.

Also, could anyone recommend me a good PC case that has good airflow and has sound isolation? Also that it isn't really expensive.

My current one, when closed, is so loud I can hear it with headphones on and while playing games.

Unless you get one designed with sound dampening, any of the brand name ones are about the same in that regard. So unless it makes a feature of sound dampening don't bother.

Dunno what to recommend exactly, Antec, coolermaster etc will have some cheap 'silent' ones. And look at your fans too, if it's a case/cpu fan there are really quiet fans out there that you could look at for possible replacements.

Unless you get one designed with sound dampening, any of the brand name ones are about the same in that regard. So unless it makes a feature of sound dampening don't bother.

Dunno what to recommend exactly, Antec, coolermaster etc will have some cheap 'silent' ones. And look at your fans too, if it's a case/cpu fan there are really quiet fans out there that you could look at for possible replacements.

Ok, thanks.

I'll get a new case, right now the Coolermaster Sileo 500 RC-500 looks good.

I will also get a new fan for my CPU, this one when idle has 5000 RPM and quite a lot more when in game.

Check out Fractal Design R3. They're very cheap, smart and good looking, with sound isolation and decent fans. I'm rocking one for my current system and I'm very happy with it, eventhough I had to make some drastic modifications to fit the massive HD6990 :P For regular gfx cards there're no problems at all.

you can buy sound proofing material as well...I've never used it myself.

In my uncles sound recording studio he built an actual enclosure for his case for when he is recording, He built it out of scavenged MDF/chipboard. And obviously that would increase temps on heavy loads, but it is big enough that it has some airflow and you could attach one of those flexible duct tubing to the exhaust fan and pump the hot air out side the box.

That R3 looks nice Mr. Bravo/

Edited by Ghogiel