GECK Not saving

Azrael120782

Either there is some hidden window still open or the game is installed on C:\Program Files (x86)... or both or is another cause and the given information is not enough to diagnose.

PS: make sure there is no "minimized" window, if they exist they will be somewhere in your desktop showing just as the tittle bar.

Edited by nosisab

The steam directory is not the problem, the C:\Program Files... is the dreadful nemesis of all plugins/mods reliant games over there in Vista and 7.

Moving don't seen good idea if take literally, I hope you mean uninstalling and installing again in a user created folder... otherwise the register can get very messy.

Although the hard work involved in it, is really advisable not having games installed in specially protected folders, running in elevated admin account may solve immediate issues but is a time bomb ticking all along.

Moving don't seen good idea if take literally, I hope you mean uninstalling and installing again in a user created folder... otherwise the register can get very messy.

Although the hard work involved in it, is really advisable not having games installed in specially protected folders, running in elevated admin account may solve immediate issues but is a time bomb ticking all along.

Be sure steam itself is installed in 'my games' or elsewhere, program files directory is a headache. I have it in 'my games', with GECK installed in the FONV folder -(NOT the 'data' folder with the .esm files and such) and have no issues.

Good luck!

oops- meant to reply to Azreal, sorry nosisab.

Edited by JustinDK

Be sure steam itself is installed in 'my games' or elsewhere, program files directory is a headache. I have it in 'my games', with GECK installed in the FONV folder -(NOT the 'data' folder with the .esm files and such) and have no issues.

Good luck!