Everyone is miserable.

Lehcar

there is still the ENTIRE world to explore, the only places that simply cant be visited is probably cyrodill and vvardinfell (and skyrim but thats not out yet) not to mention with all the changes you might revisit cyrodil if it changes drastically enough. Like what if it reverted back into a jungle and the imperial city was just one of the ruins that you could explore...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that the writing of the TES games is what really draws you in, but rather the accumulated experience in the worlds that the designer have created. The emotional attachment is more intense when you yourself decide what you get to do and how you get to focus your energies. The real accomplishment, from what I can tell about Skyrim, is going to be giving the player enough options that there is a feeling of true choice and a belief that their character actually exists as a citizen/entity/etc. in a cohesive (and visually stunning) world.

Can't wait!

I don't think that the writing of the TES games is what really draws you in, but rather the accumulated experience in the worlds that the designer have created. The emotional attachment is more intense when you yourself decide what you get to do and how you get to focus your energies. The real accomplishment, from what I can tell about Skyrim, is going to be giving the player enough options that there is a feeling of true choice and a belief that their character actually exists as a citizen/entity/etc. in a cohesive (and visually stunning) world.

Can't wait!

I pray all our expectations for this game are correct, i remember before fable 3 was released eveeryone was all excited and then, all were disapointing because it was rushed. Havent played fable 3 yet to see for myself. Anyways hopefully TES V wont suffer the same fate as fable 3...

And i doubt it will...

The difference between this and Fable 3 is that this wasn't developed by a bunch of people that think they're geniuses. Peter Molyneux hyped Fable 2 and 3 far worse than the Beth crew has ever done. Molyneux is good at deceiving you without exactly lying, too. He said that in Fable 3, you'd explore continents rather than just one like Fable 2. He was right-you do travel to another continent. But he didn't mention that the world spaces would be just as big as they were in 2 (if not smaller) and that the new areas were nothing to write home about.

I could go on, but that's not what we're here for, lol.

Skyrim has been played by tons of game reporters now with a mostly positive reviews and we've been given loads of info about it and have had the opportunity to judge the content for ourselves, rather than just having hyped crap up thrown at us. I'd rather expect to be disappointed than have it surprise me.

The Empire is collapsing. Civil wars everywhere. Elsweyr and Black Marsh have broken off from the Empire. Skyrim is torn up by civil war. Daedric cultists have sparked a civil war in the Summerset Isles. Skyrim has declared war on Morrowind. Morrowind has been almost completely destroyed by the eruption of Red Mountain, reduced to a barren wasteland, which occurred through a series of equally unfortunate events. The poor Dunmer have been driven off what little was left of their land by the Argonians, and Solstheim is now their very last holdout. Black Marsh pretty much goes all out with war and is intent on killing everyone. Elseweyr cuts off all ties to every other nation and goes into isolation. The Blades have dispersed and almost totally died off. The Mages Guild has totally and completely fallen apart, and has been disbanded.

I am feeling very depressed right now, especially over Morrowind and... the DUNMER!! NOOOO!!!! :sad:

Why did everything and everyone have to end up completely miserable? Why did Tamriel have to turn into another crap sack world? This sucks.

I leave for 200 years and you can't keep an empire together?!

*smacks High Chancellor Octa*