Everyone is miserable.

Lehcar

The check would be a simple one, the gameworld making sense isn't too much to ask for.

I agree but you have to consider it's not quite that simple: The entire premise of the Fighter's Guild questline is that they're going bankrupt due to there not being enough mercenary work to go around so they've lost all their business to their far more efficient* competitors. Unless the 10 people in Leyawiin who make up the Blackwood Company are somehow satisfying all the demand for Daedra-fighting during the Oblivion crisis all by themselves there's no way for any of this to make any sense while the main quest is going on.

*Seriously the Fighter's Guild has what, 8 guildhalls in Cyrodiil and there's only actual reason to go to 3 of them ever? At least the Mage's Guild has the excuse of being tax-supported.

Wouldn't the Empire be able to pay them?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But once the world began to crumble and denizens of hell seriously threatened to enslave humanity, the tone of the game never changed. We never saw it affect anything. Characters talked about the effects of the assassination and the Oblivion crisis, but it seemed like all of this was happening in secret somewhere and we, as the player, were outside looking in.

Not true. How many times during conversations with NPCs did a character mention the siege of Kvatch? Or one NPC speaking to anther NPC on the street to marvel at all the daedra pouring forth?

Countless times for me, why I remember this.

While I agree perhaps the physical landscape could have been more drastically altered or destroyed due to the Oblivion summonings, I felt the characters in the game were aware of what was happening. But they still had to eat, sleep, work, converse, fend off enemies, and live. Isn't that what you would do? Still gotta live

As for the Empire disintegrating, eh, that's just another chapter in history. Empires crumble. Every single one has and every future one will too. And then new Empires rise to take their place.

I want to clarify a little, because I don't think I did a good job making myself really clear.

I don't have a problem with the main quest not being able to drastically change the landscape or other quests. Games like Oblivion and Skyrim are meant to be exploratory more than they are character and story-driven, and that means that things need to have a certain level of separation and distinctness. I wouldn't change that at all, because in my opinion the slight lack of cohesion is more than made up for by the giant world full of things that I can do in my own order.

My problem comes from this: I agree with what you say about all of the characters talking about the crisis and the siege of Kvatch. What I didn't see was any character development, personal conflict, or any overall tone. It was just characters talking, and not doing a very good job at it considering that Oblivion's cast of voice actors was shallow and there was rarely any emotional power put into those lines of dialogue. The characters were relatively flat, and the dialogue / voice acting kept them flat.

I don't want them to change the formula of the game at all. I only think that it would be nicer if the main quest, which makes up the "story" of the entire game, was pulled off with a little more conviction.

Edited by DarkOutlaw49

Well considering the entire empire stayed together because of the empires bloodlines, it makes sense.

Kind of wonder how there is going to be another elder scrolls game unless its a prequel though... I guess it could be another squeal that takes place ANOTHER 200 years in the future, Skyrim might be the last.

If this is the last elder scrolls i'm so going to f**king kill Todd Howard...

Well considering the entire empire stayed together because of the empires bloodlines, it makes sense.

Kind of wonder how there is going to be another elder scrolls game unless its a prequel though... I guess it could be another squeal that takes place ANOTHER 200 years in the future, Skyrim might be the last.

Uhh.

I doubt it would be the last. In any case, I can't tell you're joking if you are.

Uhh.

I doubt it would be the last. In any case, I can't tell you're joking if you are.

Eh i didnt mean it, nor was i joking..... But great! Skyrim aint last.

But great! Skyrim aint last.

Yeah for a franchise as successful and passionately created and received, Bethesda would have to be nucking futz to just stop making them. They'll make it happen. It's not like the world is going to be struck by a meteor and everyone will be dead; besides, there's lots of untouched areas of Nirn...Summerset Isle, Pyandonea, Atmora, Yokuda, Akavir being a few of many. [LINK]. And they still need to show off the tiger people and sloads! So many possibilities. :) I for one don't think they need to continue in a chronologically linear order, they could make a game that takes place around the same time as any other game but in a different area and it would be amazing.

And then I will have to get height reduction surgery and face remodelling to assume his identity.. and restart the franchise.

It's fool proof. :yes:

And then I will have to get height reduction surgery and face remodelling to assume his identity.. and restart the franchise.

It's fool proof. :yes:

Right! then you will need to learn to imitate his voice :D