[WIP] Beyond Boulder Dome

rjhelms84

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm inside the Brain Center doing the chimp quest for lester. I have placed the sedatives at all the vents indicated, but there is another objective marker which leads me to a gun cabinet near the exit to the Colorado Wasteland, right beside a large open warehouse looking area. The cabinet contains a recipe for a modified cattle prod, and a single chimp prod. Picking them up has no effect on the quest. I've tried approaching the same geographic location on another floor of the facility, but found myself completely stumped. What to do?

I also have a problem. When I try to enter the Nova Industries, NCR Outpost the game crashes. I even tried with tcl to get to the hatch on the roof but it still crashes..

yuup. try one of the updates. Not sure which. it should fix it.

once you get past that sgt renato might give you trouble too. of the crashing variety.

May i contribute a model to this mod?

Did you have something specific in mind, or would you like me to give you something to work on? Are you a "from scratch" modeller or a mash-up artist? Do you have any examples of things you've done in the past?

Thanks! :)

Rob

May i contribute a model to this mod?

Did you have something specific in mind, or would you like me to give you something to work on? Are you a "from scratch" modeller or a mash-up artist? Do you have any examples of things you've done in the past?

Thanks! :)

Rob

Mashup-up artist, as you name it so far. I only recently made a account on Nexus, but i've done some models on FOnline 2238 forums as Horatio, as well as a quasi-repaired scavenged police car here on NV Nexus

I'd like to go and try mashup an Van Buren Agricola Robot first.

from Mr.Handy and a Securitron parts/textures.

I have also some basic animation knowledge as well, but haven't imported animated models to .NIF yet, a little help with this would be nice.

Edited by Tinkerlad

Yeah, sounds good mate! We could definitely put that to good use, and from looking at your work you've got the talent, so by all means go ahead. :thumbsup:

When you talk about animations, do you mean general animations like movement, or custom stuff the robot might need? If it's just movement, then that can be accomplished through rigging to an existing models' skeleton and doing the bone weights. Or if it's extra animations, like small parts moving on the object or particle effects, then if you can create the animations in the right version of Blender (2.49b) with the nif tools, then exporting as kf isn't a problem. So I can help with all that. And if you're not familiar with rigging and weight-painting, we have people who are happy to help with that, so no worries.

I just started the mod, and most of the "ghouls" have spawned with eerie pink/purple heads and random skin textures. Also, the background doesn't render until I get very close to the cliffs, until then, it just looks like specks of texture in the distance.

I just started the mod, and most of the "ghouls" have spawned with eerie pink/purple heads and random skin textures. Also, the background doesn't render until I get very close to the cliffs, until then, it just looks like specks of texture in the distance.

Try disabling then re-enabling archive invalidation with FOMM, and see if that works. If not, you are missing some files, which could mean you extracted things incorrectly or one of your downloads was corrupt.

When you talk about animations, do you mean general animations like movement, or custom stuff the robot might need? If it's just movement, then that can be accomplished through rigging to an existing models' skeleton and doing the bone weights. Or if it's extra animations, like small parts moving on the object or particle effects, then if you can create the animations in the right version of Blender (2.49b) with the nif tools, then exporting as kf isn't a problem. So I can help with all that. And if you're not familiar with rigging and weight-painting, we have people who are happy to help with that, so no worries.

Well, for one, the robot skeleton structure look somewhat strange (i suppose to minimise deformation and allow only rotation, so the weighting is probably parented to object and not deformation). Other than that, should the bones have a appropriate syntax so the game acknowledges them? I know also nothing about particle effects like weapons and the robot seem to be supposed to spew globs of toxic sludge at enemy+melee.

So i think it would be cool, if someone could rig at least a part of the mesh, so i could complete it with the help of example.

Also, i think i'll post some WIP on the robot.

Would you perhaps like a broken-down version first, as a scenery object?

Edited by Tinkerlad