Saving and loading

WolfySnackrib

Has anything been said about how you will save and load within the game? Will it be quicksave and quickload like with Oblivion on PC? You can have some fun with quicksaving but it kind of spoils games because it's almost like a cheat feature, to be able to replay anything right away that you fail at. Trial and error in a very sneaky way. I really can't decide whether I'd support quicksaving in Skyrim or not. Would be fun to use to try out every possible scenario when talking to NPC's and what not. But I find myself almost cheating against some enemies with quicksave and quickload whenever it is featured, you know.

I pretty much spam quicksave and I reload after about everything bad. Bad as in the psychic guards start chasing me.

But now that the cities have different bounties it might not be as bad.

And I assume they did some improvements to the guards overall as well

Edited by Nysba

let's hope they continue to have the same well documented buggy and dangerous quicksaves and quickloads

so much fun telling people not to use these game killing options.

(Yes they actually kill your save - eventually)

let's hope they continue to have the same well documented buggy and dangerous quicksaves and quickloads

Never happened to me unless with mod conflicts. Vanilla PC Oblivion I played over 300 hours and it never happened. Who knows it might have done it in an hour though.

Yeah, you more or less had to save every five minutes in Oblivion because the game was so unstable and glitchy. I use quicksave all the time, and make a full save in the menu whenever I arrive back to my safehouse or the big city after my trips out in the wild, since quicksaves tend not to be very safe in the longrun. So this is definitely needed in these games. But I can imagine it must be frustrating for people who cant keep themselves from abusing it :P You'll just have to try harder!

Wtf are you talking about? haha :hurr:

I am worried that all the saves will be hidden like Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I like backing up my save data. If they are clouded on Steam, then I guess that helps, but i've never used cloud saves before so I don't know how they work with that.