Not sure we get more DLCs

SignorNessuno

Dude, to repeat what's been said a dozen times: do you have any actual information, or are you still going on purely on your own imagination?

I mean, WTH, even if you want to compare it to Skyrim, they released DLCs until December 2012, more than a year after the release of Skyrim in November 2011. And it included at least two pretty big ones, Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

So even if you want to extrapolate from Skyrim, how in Satan's good name do you extrapolate from releasing DLCs for more than a year to somehow "knowing" out of thin air that nope, this time they stop after half a year?

So again, do you have any actual information, or what?

Dude, to repeat what's been said a dozen times: do you have any actual information, or are you still going on purely on your own imagination?

I mean, WTH, even if you want to compare it to Skyrim, they released DLCs until December 2012, more than a year after the release of Skyrim in November 2011. And it included at least two pretty big ones, Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

So even if you want to extrapolate from Skyrim, how in Satan's good name do you extrapolate from releasing DLCs for more than a year to somehow "knowing" out of thin air that nope, this time they stop after half a year?

So again, do you have any actual information, or what?

As I said earlier in the OP it is a suspect. Have you read it?

Yes, but you seem to insist that you know something about their business model or what they're currently doing or whatever. So what do you base that suspicion on? Because suspicions pulled purely out of the rear end are worth exactly nothing.

I mean let's look at their "it's only business" model:

Oblivion: ok, so the DLC was a joke, but it did have two boxed EPs. Whose releases spanned A YEAR after the release of Oblivion

Fallout 3: the DLCs spanned just short of A YEAR

Fallout New Vegas: the DLCs were released over about A YEAR

Skyrim: the DLCs were released over slightly more than A YEAR

So even talking about "it's only business" models, the current model seems to be that the sweet spot or interval for selling more content is about A YEAR after the release of the game. I guess there's a reason why the complete edition is called "Game of the YEAR", eh?

So even if I were to not trust Beth's statements about their plans and whatnot, that's actual data to base an extrapolation on. As opposed to pulling stuff out of the rear end about some unanounced other game, and somehow knowing that their business model changed, and other stuff not actually based on anything.

Yes, but you seem to insist that you know something about their business model or what they're currently doing or whatever. So what do you base that suspicion on? Because suspicions pulled purely out of the rear end are worth exactly nothing.

I mean let's look at their "it's only business" model:

Oblivion: ok, so the DLC was a joke, but it did have two boxed EPs. Whose releases spanned A YEAR after the release of Oblivion

Fallout 3: the DLCs spanned just short of A YEAR

Fallout New Vegas: the DLCs were released over about A YEAR

Skyrim: the DLCs were released over slightly more than A YEAR

So even talking about "it's only business" models, the current model seems to be that the sweet spot or interval for selling more content is about A YEAR after the release of the game. I guess there's a reason why the complete edition is called "Game of the YEAR", eh?

So even if I were to not trust Beth's statements about their plans and whatnot, that's actual data to base an extrapolation on. As opposed to pulling stuff out of the rear end about some unanounced other game, and somehow knowing that their business model changed, and other stuff not actually based on anything.

One year that's right.

This means that in a year they can announce those other 3 dlc. And in that same time announce the next game this E3. It may, after reaching a one-year life of the product, stop the production of other DLC.
But then again, I would be really happy that they say, "hey, don't worry, we announce new content, the works on Fallout 4 are not over yet. Many maps, new adventures await you for more years."
And until I see the evidence or at least an official announcement this E3, I remain quite skeptical about it.

The fact is:

Fallout 4 Season Pass 49,99€

Fallout 4 - Automatron 9,99€
Fallout 4 - Wasteland Workshop 4,99€
Fallout 4 Far Harbor 24,99€
--------------------------------------
39,97€

The difference is 10,02€. Unless Bethesda wants a lawsuit and bad publicity, we will get at least another Automatron sized DLC. But a Season Pass is usually cheaper than the sum of the prices of the individual DLCs, so I'd say we can expect two more DLCs. Don't forget that both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas got 5 DLCs (Fallout 3: Broken Steel, Anchorage, The Pitt, Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta; F:NV - Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Gun Runners' Arsenal/Courier's Stash). The world of Fallout 4 has enough unanswered questions for two or three more DLCs (for example, where is Dr. Zimmer, the missing leader of the Synth Retention Bureau?).

One year that's right.

This means that in a year they can announce those other 3 dlc. And in that same time announce the next game this E3. It may, after reaching a one-year life of the product, stop the production of other DLC.
But then again, I would be really happy that they say, "hey, don't worry, we announce new content, the works on Fallout 4 are not over yet. Many maps, new adventures await you for more years."
And until I see the evidence or at least an official announcement this E3, I remain quite skeptical about it.

It's way, way too soon for them to announce the next game so I think you can safely put that thought out of your head.

One year that's right.

Well, Fallout 4 was released in November and we ain't even in June yet, so we've still got some 6 months or so for other DLCs, if they continue their existing model. It's a whole different story than expecting it to be over RIGHT NAO.

That said, eh, I'm not sure what the news is in that case. That they won't keep at it for ever and ever? Hell, I think we all knew that already. Nobody keeps putting out DLCs for ever for a game that ain't an MMO. Even The Sims 3, and Atom knows EA milked the DLC and EP money teat as long as they could for that one, still came to an abrupt end around the time TS4 was announced.

As they say, all things have an end, except my hairs have three :wink:

The fact is:

Fallout 4 Season Pass 49,99€

Fallout 4 - Automatron 9,99€

Fallout 4 - Wasteland Workshop 4,99€

Fallout 4 Far Harbor 24,99€

--------------------------------------

39,97€

The difference is 10,02€. Unless Bethesda wants a lawsuit and bad publicity, we will get at least another Automatron sized DLC. But a Season Pass is usually cheaper than the sum of the prices of the individual DLCs, so I'd say we can expect two more DLCs. Don't forget that both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas got 5 DLCs (Fallout 3: Broken Steel, Anchorage, The Pitt, Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta; F:NV - Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Gun Runners' Arsenal/Courier's Stash). The world of Fallout 4 has enough unanswered questions for two or three more DLCs (for example, where is Dr. Zimmer, the missing leader of the Synth Retention Bureau?).

True but also: why the aliens are here, why Maxon is the Elder and Sarah dies for mysterious reasons, where is the Enclave?

So many questions with no answer.

We have only in the datas "Nuka World" aka a possible Automatron dlc and these two Wasteland Workshops.

http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2016/05/16/fallout-4-nuka-world-leak.png

Unless these last two have mini quests, much lower than Nuka World, rather than just objects for our settlements. But, I don't think so.

With these last three, ends the cycle: six DLC in total. Just like the other games.

Unless they make the tricksy to announce another season pass, because the one we had was only the first season, and we expect the other seasons, with new content. But I don't even think this will happen.

It had all been planned until the beginning of the development of Fallout 4. After all have their own calendar with the release dates and deadlines of their products.

And logically: if they announce these dlc during this E3, they probably be released after one month each, just like the previous DLCs.

Edited by SignorNessuno