New Skyrim Gameplay Videos

John88

to me the facial diversity seems to low. i've watched all these pictures that show many faces of the same race and they all look alike. they all look like the same family.

oblivion let you make ugly characters, yes, but u could also always make pretty ones but at least u had all the choices u wanted. skyrim only gives u options to create characters that beth think are good looking.

if i want to chreate a character that looks a little ugly than why shouldnt i be able to? if i identify with him or if he is a character i had in mind and one of his features is bolding or ugly mug than i should be able to create him.

now i dont want to create an ugly character in the game. i want to create a character that looks somewhat like me. im definitly not ugly, but i am no poster boy either. i could almost recreate myself in oblivion but in skyrim i dont think i will be able to get even close.

Looks like less customization now besides the scars and war paint.

Look at it this way:

Quality over quantity.

Every slider option you change in Skyrim won't make your character look like a troll.

In Oblivion everything had sliders, though you could very easily end up looking like a troll.

Yeah, it's not too much to ask to add a few more fine tune options though. We're still going to see the same faces over and over again. Hopefully with the creation kit you'll be able to create new presets using fine tune options.

Looks like less customization now besides the scars and war paint.

Look at it this way:

Quality over quantity.

Every slider option you change in Skyrim won't make your character look like a troll.

In Oblivion everything had sliders, though you could very easily end up looking like a troll.

Agreed. I found it near impossible to create anything that didn't look like a mutant with Oblivions character creator, I ended up having to use the Construction Set and it was still very hard. Fallout 3 had fewer options but it was much easier to create something usable from those fewer options.

Oblivion's Facegen was a mess .. Face Gen was made to create realistic human faces by taking two photos and generating the head based on those .. clearly Oblivion didnt make use of that tech and instead used the slider system that facegen had .. it wasn't made for that and it showed .. the NPCs and Character looked like arse .. I'm very impressed by the amount on customization shown in this Khajiit video and its just a khajiit ... The color options, scars, shape sliders, postions sliders .. and the body slider .. just fantastic! .. I love the creation options this time around.

I was always able to make some halfway decent in Oblivion. Rarely was I happy with the end result though. It was near impossible to get what you wanted since any change you made would change something else that was completely irrelevant. Hopefully it doesn't do this in Skyrim. Got pretty irritating that changing the brow would end up affecting the lips.