Safe way to change character's race and gender

atx711

I did some research on the showracemenu command and people keep saying they've had problems after using it with perks, crit chances and damage. Is there any way to change the race and gender the safe way? Or if there is a mod that can do this it would be appreciated.

Is there another safe way to change the caracter race? i realy want to change my caracter race, but i do not want to lose all of my perks. Edited by pablot

What happens with some people (like me) is that when you change your race all of the effects disapear, and the perks stop working. Is there someway to fix this?

I"ve not done this myself but what I heard was if this issue occurs after fooling with race then you have to remove all the perks and add them

back again, of course via console commands.

Yes i want to change my race, but i don't want to remove all of my perks manually only to add all of then again, 'cause i have a lot of perks...

If theres anyway to change my race without losings my perks or an easy way to reset them please tell me.

I don't understand. I have used showracemenu for ages, and I don't lose anything. :confused:

that's because you are probably only using it to change hair and face (which u can also do by using "showbarbermenu"). but if u use showracemenu, and actually change your race...then most people totally mess up their character. many perks will stop working and it's hard to find out which ones because they will still be listed as u having them. it's a real pain. i to wish there was a way to change race midgame without messing up ur PC