Your heritage

TheCalliton

The connection my family has to our past is honor. Leading honorable lives is a foundation for every member of our family for generations. It is important to know your past, who your ancestors were...because they are partly responsible for who you are now. The values I instill in my children will be carried on long after I am dead. So yes, it matters even if you don't realize it.

Sounds like something my Great Grandfather would say, he probably did. English, and I'm the last of my line.

The connection my family has to our past is honor. Leading honorable lives is a foundation for every member of our family for generations. It is important to know your past, who your ancestors were...because they are partly responsible for who you are now. The values I instill in my children will be carried on long after I am dead. So yes, it matters even if you don't realize it.

Sounds like something my Great Grandfather would say, he probably did. English, and I'm the last of my line.

Yes our heritage is very important and so is our legacy ....

Flintlockecole I have a cure for your " .... and I'm the last of my line .... ", switch off the telly hehehehehe, er ok, sorry but left the door open on that one.

All I know for certain is that my fathers side comes mostly from Britain while my mothers side is full blown italian.

Also, I have an Italian palace in my bloodline.

This is the only pic i could find, but here it is:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q1Mtd88-APo/Su7Ri0Hv8bI/AAAAAAAAAPs/bhdGfpOi-U4/S259/piazza-maggiore04-g%5B1%5D.jpg

Im going to visit the owners at the end of this year too :dance: Of course, there will be many pics.

I honestly don't believe in all of that "I'm half this, half that, a quarter this, quarter that, a third this, third that, part this, part that blah blah blah" stuff.

I'm just a Canadian. :)

Why bother with this? For the most part it is wholly irrelevant. Most people have no connection to their heritage, be it culturally or linguistically so it really does not matter in the end.

two respond to both of you.

WHO CARES!? it is something to talk about and be proud in.

for all i know, one of my ancestors was a great warrior, or a general!

I honestly don't believe in all of that "I'm half this, half that, a quarter this, quarter that, a third this, third that, part this, part that blah blah blah" stuff.

I'm just a Canadian. :)

Why bother with this? For the most part it is wholly irrelevant. Most people have no connection to their heritage, be it culturally or linguistically so it really does not matter in the end.

two respond to both of you.

WHO CARES!? it is something to talk about and be proud in.

for all i know, one of my ancestors was a great warrior, or a general!

It's hard to be proud of something there is little connection to...

How far back do you want us to go on information ? Family has been traced back to the 1300s. Mostly Scot / Irish, some Native American 4 generations back. In this life, I'd say I'm mostly human....

You might want to check out an ancestry package.

I've traced mine back to the 1200's on my Mum's side. :) I also discovered that I have ancestors who were among the first settlers in the USA (and here was I thinking I was the first over here! hehe).

Fascinating stuff.

I use Ancestry.com and MyHeritage.com.

Cheers.