ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Why did you get the Skyrim Collectors Edition?

modder3434

If I had bought it, it would be because of the 200 page art book.

Sadly I didn't. Couldn't find a retailer that ships to me.

And I'm beginning to regret not buying the CE... I want that damn book.

We will most likely be able to buy the artbook seperately from private persons soon enough I reckon. And we won't have to buy all the other things included.

If I had bought it, it would be because of the 200 page art book.

Sadly I didn't. Couldn't find a retailer that ships to me.

And I'm beginning to regret not buying the CE... I want that damn book.

I'll scan the pictures for you! Get some cardboard and glue; home-made Skyrim art book WIN!

I got the CE for the dragon statue, so everytime I see it I think :wub:. Same as the Samurai from Shogun 2 CE!!

And I have a thing for dragons, raaaaaaar!

The Concept Art Book is what sold me. I mean, I'm excited for the other inclusions as well, but I have a love for concept art. I mean, seeing things drawn out, and then brought into the game world, it's inspiring to me. Look at this picture and tell me it's not awesome.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5864/wallpaper1101920.jpg

I want to say that I bought it only because I've been an enormous fan and follower since Morrowind and I wanted to contribute as much as I can to the efforts that Bethesda has put forth to present us with this unbelievable experience of a game. That's absolutely true, but the art book pretty much sealed the deal for me...oh and the statue looks f***ing amazing,

there are a few games ive thought about buying the CE for. this being one. SWTOR another, D3 if there is one. but i never do. i always want to, for the art books. seeing difference angles on the things in the games that i love is just awesome. seeing versions of things that didnt make it. 10 different ways to draw main characters (in games that have them like God of War) always gets me.especialy in games with a lot of units like the aforementioned games. or i want to do it just because i love the game and/or the company and want to show support. but in the end i dont buy them cause i just wouldnt be able to live with myself if i spent $150+ on a game. i have the money. but i just cant do it.

the one game i would buy a CE if there was an artbook would be a Ps3 game i have Demons Souls, or the sequel coming out, Dark Souls. those games, if they had an editon with an art book, i would get. if you saw the art in those games youd understand why i would want a concept art book. plus there is no real source for art or lore besides screenshots and what ppl make up. i just had a love for Demons Souls and hopefully will for Dark Souls that i would buy a CE if there was one (but there wont be), so i can understand why ppl do it for a game they love.

I felt like it.

I felt like it.

That's deep bro.

the one game i would buy a CE if there was an artbook would be a Ps3 game i have Demons Souls, or the sequel coming out, Dark Souls. those games, if they had an editon with an art book, i would get. if you saw the art in those games youd understand why i would want a concept art book. plus there is no real source for art or lore besides screenshots and what ppl make up. i just had a love for Demons Souls and hopefully will for Dark Souls that i would buy a CE if there was one (but there wont be), so i can understand why ppl do it for a game they love.

Well if you pre-order the game I'm pretty sure you get an art book.

Edited by GotMeFaded

I could easily and it was a real battle for me to say no thanks to the CE this time around....I was sitting at my desk and... I have the CE edition of about 2 dozen games...most of which now gather dust. I may be learning wisdom in my old age ;) Other wise Id be right there in line for the CE too.

That being said...I have this twitch going...it is quite possible I might add an order for the CE edition as well as the standard version...I do like to support good game companies.