Not the Children

daventry

104 members have voted

1. 1. Those Little Brats

• I will Mod out the Children but leave a few as to not break the Game
    • I will Mod the Children to be Killable (Yea, something is wrong with you i see)
    • I will leave them be, those Adorable Immortals of the Game

I mostly want to pretend save some pretend children from a real serious pretend situation and them being unkillable takes away the worth. It'll be much more satisfying to save the kid from the dragon and the undead horde if I know the kid can die. Otherwise, he can walk himself home while I level up.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will leave them as they are though I must say I am tempted to put 30 nonessential children armed with weapons into an arena with a grounded dragon and just watch.

I voted I will leave them alone, but if a mod for killing them comes out, which will, I will get it after a couple of playthroughs. Not because I want to kill them, but because it will add to the immersion. Or atleast make them attackable, but essential, so they would just get knocked unconscious. Right now, I have a feeling that kids will be like FO3's ones. Fully immortal and unnatackable.

I personally don't see anything wrong with killing in game children. They're not really children, they're 3D meshes. If anything the people who are so against it have the problem because they can't see the difference and think that people who want it are sick. Its the same mentality that blames games like GTA for people going into a school and massacring everyone.

I will download a mod to make them mortal as I feel its just silly any other way. On most play throughs I won't kill them, and like others have said if they are mortal and are under attack it gives you more of a challenge to save them. I will however play a vampire assassin at some point who just kills anyone when I feel like it. With the RP value that its a character who everyone should fear.

If they aren't part of a plot line I ignore them anyway, never had the urge to go around killing every killable in the game before....but hey who knows, and it would be more realistic if you had to work harder to protect the kids.

If they aren't part of a plot line I ignore them anyway, never had the urge to go around killing every killable in the game before....but hey who knows, and it would be more realistic if you had to work harder to protect the kids.

I did a playthrough in NV with a character that was a cannibal and insane. He killed, and ate, everyone he came across. That was an interesting playthrough. XD

• 4 weeks later...
I started with Morrowind but to my knowledge there were no kids in TES 1 or 2 either and that means FO3 was the first game Beth ever made with children.

That is incorrect. Children were all over Daggerfall, and were also frequent subjects of quests.