The Orange Box

Povuholo

I'm getting The Orange Box in a month or so, and I was wondering if anyone here played 'it' already? What do you think about the games? Any favourites? Portal sounds fun, I heard it's a little short though.

No spoilers please. :)

I think that Orange Box is very cool. Portal is a short, cool, and fun to play. TF2 is one of the funnest valve games I have played so far, I think you will like it. [They have started an achievement system for the Orange Box games "This shouldn't be a spoiler to you but If it is, I am very sorry."]

• 2 weeks later...
It looks really good. PCGamer had a cover story on the Orange box a few months back, and while it was a good issue (Orange is my fav color), I didn't feel anything telling me to buy it, interesting as it was. I think it lacks some of the "umph!" that Half-Life and Counter Strike had when they came out together.

• 4 weeks later...
wow. just wow. the orange box has to be one of the best combination of wonderfull games ever. if you have never played half-life 2, then you have to. your really missing out. it only got better from half-life and will not disapoint!! and the episodes are just as fun. in fact, EP2 is probably my favorite out of the four half-lifes. with the hunters and the new vehicle, plus the pretty fun and challenging final boss battle. i cannot wait for EP3. it's going to be awesome (hoping!! (though no doubt really)). and the thing about portal. after i played through it i decided to go through the commentary modes for the games and come to find out, portal is really just an experiment. valve is testing out that type of gameplay, possibly for EP3 (thats what i think anyway!) or maybe even a whole new game. portal may be short but it is way fun and hilarious! with the all mighty narative super computer GLaDOS and of course, "stay alive" the ending credits song sung by our very own GLaDOS, which i've seen Marxist ßastard coulnd't help but quote a part of it. that is a must play also. and team fortress 2 is pretty fun, i havn't been able to get online to play it but from what i played just by myself, it seemd like it would be quite fun to play online.

Archived