⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim at EuroGamer Expo

Dark0ne

Looking forward to a hardcore mod with no hp/mana regen. Sounds too forgiving.

Pfft, if you were a real hardcore gamer you'd want a mod that makes your starting health 0 so you die as soon as you finish the character creation.

Hahah!

Dark0ne: The duel wield flame spell. Does it double up into one big stream, or does it send a flame stream from each hand just both at the same time?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft, if you were a real hardcore gamer you'd want a mod that makes your starting health 0 so you die as soon as you finish the character creation.

That wouldn't make the game challenging, that would just make it completely unplayable.

@Fonger

Erm, what?What does the lockpicking being the same as Fallout 3's have to do with bugfixing?

Edited by Corakus

That wouldn't make the game challenging, that would just make it completely unplayable.

@Fonger

Erm, what?What does the lockpicking being the same as Fallout 3's have to do with bugfixing?

I hate to seem rude but I never know what the hell fonger is trying to say .. That has nothing to do with bug fixing.. <_<; .. Thanks for saying it first.

My point. Let us not forget that games are supposed to be fun. Something that makes it more difficult to survive does not automatically mean the game is more fun for it.

@Fonger

so they changed lockpicking in Skyrim to use a screwdriver

really sounds odd

Edited by Fonger

My point. Let us not forget that games are supposed to be fun. Something that makes it more difficult to survive does not automatically mean the game is more fun for it.

Making it incredibly easy doesn't make it more fun, either.If you blow through every enemy you see then what's the point of leveling-up?Or upgrading loot or spells?There isn't, if nothing in the game poses a proper challenge then there is no need to become stronger.But that's not what I was talking about.You said the hardcore players should just die at the start of the game, but there is a difference between overcoming a challenging enemy and not being able to play the game period.There's no possible way to overcome something that makes you fail 100% of the time, no matter what you do.But a difficult enemy doesn't come with a 100% chance of failure.

@Fonger

The mechanics are the same, but you use a lockpick and knife instead of a screwdriver and bobby pin.

Making it incredibly easy doesn't make it more fun, either.If you blow through every enemy you see then what's the point of leveling-up?Or upgrading loot or spells?There isn't, if nothing in the game poses a proper challenge then there is no need to become stronger.But that's not what I was talking about.You said the hardcore players should just die at the start of the game, but there is a difference between overcoming a challenging enemy and not being able to play the game period.There's no possible way to overcome something that makes you fail 100% of the time, no matter what you do.But a difficult enemy doesn't come with a 100% chance of failure.

I agree perfectly, but you miss my point yet again. Lemme put it another way.

The only question that matters when you're talking about game mechanics is this: Does it make the game more fun?

Let us apply this question to the removal of health regen. Does having to spam healing spells/guzzle potions/abuse the Wait button/look for a place to sleep after every battle make the game more fun?

No, it does not. You effectively HAD health regen in between battles in Oblivion anyway because of the wait mechanic and even if you removed that mana still regenerates so you can just stand there casting healing spells on yourself all day long. All the regen does is streamline the process so the player doesn't have to micromanage those mundane details themselves.