Guns or not Guns

hoofhearted4

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should citizens be allowed to have Guns

• Yes
    • No

Yes really.

Even by that map.

Calls us an open carry friendly state, but it means carry in your car in the open, (which means bullets have to be away from the gun).

I can carry my gun on the seat next to me, but I have to put the bullets in the trunk.

That's not strapped to my thigh in public.

Now you boys have fun with your pipe dreams. I'll leave you to them.

You've avoided most of the questions I've asked, and have failed to refute most statements. Instead you have offered up anecdotal evidence(ex. in my community). As such I am not under the impression that you simply wish to hold on to your beliefs, regardless of the facts. That is fine, it is your choice.

I am curious as to what state you live in, though. Because I believe you're mistaken about the law, or simply the application of the law. For example, Alabama does not allow car carry without a license. Even though it allows unrestricted open carry, it views car carry as concealed carry and requires a license for concealed carry.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes really.

Even by that map.

Calls us an open carry friendly state, but it means carry in your car in the open, (which means bullets have to be away from the gun).

I can carry my gun on the seat next to me, but I have to put the bullets in the trunk.

That's not strapped to my thigh in public.

Now you boys have fun with your pipe dreams. I'll leave you to them.

At least maybe have some respect for people that actually do conceal carry? In many times they save lives. I do agree with open carrying. I find it rather silly for someone to be walking with a pistol holstered and visible to the public. It at often only escalates bad situations. The surprise factor of someone conceal carrying is amazing, and it does not spark the usual idiotic response of people who have never heard of 2nd amendment

that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. that will offer you NO protection what so ever. completely nullifies the fact you have a gun on you, unless you want to use it like a club

robber comes up to your car you say "i have a gun, but youll have to hold on why i go into my trunk to get my bullets to load my gun"

that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. that will offer you NO protection what so ever. completely nullifies the fact you have a gun on you, unless you want to use it like a club

robber comes up to your car you say "i have a gun, but youll have to hold on why i go into my trunk to get my bullets to load my gun"

Even in Open Carry states such as NJ....you would be amazed at the the reaction of officers if you do not LOUDLY announce before he gets to your window that you have a legal weapon, even then the reception is very mixed..meaning that the odds are he's calling for back up and insisting that your hands are VERY visible.

that wouldnt be a problem if cops didnt pull over every car going 5 MPH over....if they only stopped ppl who were a legit threat, then they could always have their gun out....(yes im being sarcastic)

If someone breaks into your house and tries to rob you or inflict bodily harm on you, you can legally protect yourself.

Ah, you see, you're wrong there. According to law here in Croatia, if you protect yourself from a person that tries to rob you or hurt you, you'll get punished for doing so, depending on the severity of the "crime" you could even go to prison. I know that from personal experience, I payed a 150$ fine for defending myself from a guy that just came up to me and broke my nose because he thought I was someone else. I had 3 witnesses that confirmed I only defended myself and they still charged me for participating in a phisical conflict, inflicting bodily harm and disturbing peace.

There's also a case where a woman was sentenced to 5 years of jail for defending herself from a housband that was beating her up. She killed him in self-defence and the court decided that she should spend some time in jail for doing so. Harming someone, being it for fun or in self-defence is considered a crime here in Croatia.

So as you can see, in some places it's illegal to protect yourself. Only the police can help you if you're lucky enough to have them come within half an hour after you call them.

I have a somewhat different view on guns, and I got it from a rather... odd place. I got it from Lucky Harith. He says at one point during the game "See, the world's a dangerous and unbalanced place. So I realized, the only way to bring peace was to make sure that everyone could be dangerous!" I agree with him. Noone is going to rob granny if she pulls a .44 on them! I do agree to limitations though. I dont want every rotten punk running around with an m60.

I dont want every rotten punk running around with an m60.

cant happen. fully auto guns are illegal. regardless....if you have a handgun that misfires and shoots two bullets, you can get into a lot of trouble for that.

but that right there is what people seem to get in their heads. if everyone could carry a gun, youd be the sensible one and just have a regular 9mm or what have you, while the mean ppl would carry AK-47s and RPGs.

cant happen. fully auto guns are illegal. regardless....if you have a handgun that misfires and shoots two bullets, you can get into a lot of trouble for that.

but that right there is what people seem to get in their heads. if everyone could carry a gun, youd be the sensible one and just have a regular 9mm or what have you, while the mean ppl would carry AK-47s and RPGs.

Please quit saying that. Fully automatic weapons are NOT illegal in the US. You can buy ANY fully automatic weapon manufactured/imported before... '86? I think it was, free and clear, no issues. Otherwise you just need licensing from the ATF, which isn't all that complicated, just takes a lot of time, background checks, and makes you subject to a questionably legal search at any time the ATF so decides for any reason the ATF so decides, but I've never been searched and I've had mine for a few years, and make purchases regularly.

However, you can get bump-fire compatible AR-15, that essentially allow extremely high Rate of Fire on a semi-automatic, simulating fully-automatic fire, that technically isn't fully automatic fire. It's the closest thing to a loophole that the gun world has to offer.

Also, 'mean people', as you said, already carry AKs and RPGs. Cartels, the big gangs in the US, they have this stuff. Not en masse, mind you, but they have it. As for double-feeds, if that happens... you should definitely have your gun checked, because something is very wrong, or you tried to make some illegal modifications and failed.

Please quit saying that. Fully automatic weapons are NOT illegal in the US. You can buy ANY fully automatic weapon manufactured/imported before... '86? I think it was, free and clear, no issues. Otherwise you just need licensing from the ATF, which isn't all that complicated, just takes a lot of time, background checks, and makes you subject to a questionably legal search at any time the ATF so decides for any reason the ATF so decides, but I've never been searched and I've had mine for a few years, and make purchases regularly.

However, you can get bump-fire compatible AR-15, that essentially allow extremely high Rate of Fire on a semi-automatic, simulating fully-automatic fire, that technically isn't fully automatic fire. It's the closest thing to a loophole that the gun world has to offer.

Also, 'mean people', as you said, already carry AKs and RPGs. Cartels, the big gangs in the US, they have this stuff. Not en masse, mind you, but they have it. As for double-feeds, if that happens... you should definitely have your gun checked, because something is very wrong, or you tried to make some illegal modifications and failed.

Regardless, legally acquiring a full automatic m60, would not really be something that rotten scum can do. Probably wouldn't even be able to feed it much either.