Anyone else dissappointed?

Korodic

I don´t care about spears but would like to see crossbows and throwing knives.Skyrim is suppose to be 200 years after oblivion and with so many conflicts during that time it would be expected people created new weapons for war although crossbows were in morrowind so doesn´t make sense not being in oblivion nor in skyrim.Don´t get me wrong XD skyrim looks amazing so far with or without crossbows.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spears aren't really a big deal.

Though I did expect crossbows to be in, it's been 200 years after Oblivion I assumed the technology evolved at least a bit.

Not a big deal though, we got dual wielding in return. (And an improved spell system, improved stealth gameplay, improved archery...)

and thats the thing .. they have improved mechanics of the gameplay with every game.. I think a lot of the TES fans that disliked oblivion were just in the mindset that more is better .. yes that does make it closer to an action game sorta but they are certainly more RPG than action game .. everything that makes the series great has stood out with every game they have made .. large open worlds .. do what you want .. level what you use .. loot items .. choose quests .. everything that makes the game great is still here and they have improved the important things like combat .. listen .. I'm sorry but morrowind doesnt stand the test of time .. Ive been trying to play it again lately and the combat is horrid .. I cant tell if I'm hitting the enemies unless I look at their life bars .. so please people .. don't gripe so much about a decline in the series when its not the case .. its a decline in some features .. and this entry might very well prove to add the important things back .. I just dont think those important things were spears <_< but my experience differs from everyone else I'm sure.

I could do with spears, however I don't think they would do them justice. One of the most simplest, basic and effective weapons ever created, and no one can fasten a sharp rock to a long stick.. It's a little comical imo.

I am relieved there are beards again though. but are there toilets?

Those of us who played Daggerfall before any other TES game like the variety. Graphics improving is important and needed, but not just that. Skyrim IMO is a good, if not perfect, blend between Morrowind and Oblivion. Better graphics, better combat system, etc. as mentioned by Iv000.

Spears, crossbows, and throwing items would be nice, but are Not a necessity. Just the fact of another Elder Scroll game, in which you fight dragons, is enough for me.

Besides weapons... morrowind had:

Gods, demigods, politics, a highly diverse world, more guilds, werewolves, gloves, more armor, more creatures, creatures that could FLY, a better lore for dead races (dwemer or however you spell it).

Tell me you weren't actually afraid to catch a sickness and go to red mountain? I avoided it like the plague... because that is basically what it was. :ohdear:

Anyone you killed stayed dead (the real positive out of this would be taking anyone's house you wanted and making it your own)

Now that you mention it, I looked back and saw that many of the things you just pointed out fit into the setting of Morrowind extremely well. In Oblivion, I feel that by not having all the things Morrowind had, it made the game better. But that is for that game. Skyrim will be exactly like both.

Skyrim is not Morrowind 3 and it is not Oblivion 2, it is Skyrim. The way Beth and Todd make it will be exactly how it should be, it will fit the setting. I can see a lot of Oblivion in Skyrim, and I can see quite a bit of Bloodmoon in Skyrim as well.

Just now I have began to have a different view on each game. The good and bad things in them make them great. Skyrim will be great the way it is, so now I don't care what is in Skyrim, because I know it is going to be great and different with what it will have.

ps - it would be nice to have simple things like spears and crossbows, maybe some cliff racers, instead of drunken brawls in taverns and such we hear of now.

All that aside... wasnt this post about spears?

I am in aggreement really... even if you don't use spears, it would be nice.

You walk up to a lords mansion, there are two guardsman with heavy spears guarding the entrance. There's an immersion factor there that you don't usually think about. Same with crossbows... throwables are less noticed when missing, so they can get away with those,... but crossbows and spears just stand out as missing.

All that aside... wasnt this post about spears?

I am in agreement really... even if you don't use spears, it would be nice.

You walk up to a lords mansion, there are two guardsman with heavy spears guarding the entrance. There's an immersion factor there that you don't usually think about. Same with crossbows... throwables are less noticed when missing, so they can get away with those,... but crossbows and spears just stand out as missing.

Definitely... You are coming up to a rich nobleman hunting in the wild with one. Hell, make it a rare import from morrowind. Or guards in forts. Definitely guard with spears.

The spears should definitely be there with the new 3rd person combat capability :'(

I personally don't mind. It's epic Skyrim for Alduins sake. If they had them, fine by me. But they got tons of new stuff anyway. About the Morrowind part, I liked it better than Oblivion. :thumbsup:

Mildly. I don't care much for crossbows but I would have thought adding throwing wouldn't have been too difficult. I loved throwing daggers with deadly reflex even if it was a pain to equip new ones every time I toss one. If they could have made it so you could wield and throw everything, then that would have meant something. I cannot say that the lack of these features is much of a disappointment though. I'm more worried that the gamewill implode if I try to install or play it without patching.