things you found weird about cyrodiil

sleepyskye

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread should be a sticky to provide modders with ideas ^^

It's weird that my vampire char can eat garlic, carry it.. And yeah, vanilla vampires must NOT drink blood lol.

Seems that nobody in the Arcane Uni has the key to the Uni or they swallow it before I kill them (I want to sneak in, but don't want to join the guilds)

What's so wierd about the torture chamber? Never saw it.

how incredebly stupid npc's are you can kill everybody in a inn except one person leave and return a bit later and the remaining npc wil greet you as normal

the same goes for guards you can slaughter a whole town do your entence and when you get out they wont treat you any differnt

nobody responds to what you are wearing you can wear daderic armor an nobody will bat an eyelash

other then the people in the arena bloodworks and only then if you wear the battle rainment

i can march through the imerical city in dadric armor or dressed as a dark brother hood assasin or as the black hand and nobody will notice

rats are as big as dogs

no other darkbrotherhood scantuaries there are 7 mage guilds and fighters guilds but only a single db scantuary

everything is spaced ridicilously close together

the black hand convegned under the nose of the current emperor and his blades in applewatch and one of the speakers was holed up in the mountain range next to bruma

silver and gold are soft metals and totally un suitable for weapons but id rather trust my life to a silver blade then that of glass

npc's generally dont respond differtnly to you no matter what gender or race you are

then again i dont play as argonians or kahjits

my character is stil wearing eshme's glass armor which after getting bashed by several deadra stil is in one piece

corpses usually just lie there though i find it hilarious they jus leave glarthir out there and nobody seems to care

you can bribe any npc and they wil spil their darkest desires out to you

even when a clifface is nearly vertical your character wil still stand on it perpendiculair

your character doesn tneed to eat or sleep at all

you cant fight while riding on a horse back

several of the mage guild masters are sadistic unsuitable or severly incompetent

peopel dont really respond to a threat they wil just contiue with whatever they were doing even if the oblivion gate is on their door step or the mystic dawn cult and guards are fighting inches away from their faces

grass and other foliages are up to eye level in first person but much smaller in third

when you level up you wil encounter animals and beings you havent seen before even if you explored the whole of cyrodiil

the fact that there is no toilet to be had anywhere is a bit suspect too

the fact that leyawiin has no ports what to speak off yet bravil and the impercial city do both of whom are far ore inland is not just suspect its bizarre

leyawiin shoudl be the primairy port town together with anvil

everybody knows about the curse of benimarus manor but nobody bothers to warn you or tel you this until after you actually bought it

the adoring fan is bizarre in his behavior in that he can turn up everywhere follows you eveyr where frequently gets killed btu returns after a bit brighteyed and bushy tailed gushing with priase even if you just paralysed him and set him on fire and threw him off the jelal mountains at the city gate of bruma

the sheogoraths have differnt voices the sheogorath in shiveirng isles sounds remarkably differnt from the statue's voice

no brain pie to be had ...shame that

mountain lions can apparantly be lured in to basements

as long as you can carry it you can drag along an complete armory of severla swords daggers long sword shsort swords hunderds of arrows differnt bows staffs and a complete library and wardrobe yet this doesnt show up on your character and you dont even have a back pack your character must have georg stobbard like pockets fo massive proportions or maybe they are black holes in to subspace

The post on people never saying anything about what you wear is wrong since.. i find it odd that i did a quest were i was going to help a mages guild spy.. and had on i think was dark brotherhood or Necromancer... cloths since it was a "Spying mission" i had thought but nope.. had to go in in my normal gear and fight because... spying means.. To kill in cyrodiil. :biggrin:

What I find strange is the fact that normal citizen's are always complaining about how the make just a few gold a year, yet they could just go around to the various barrels and boxes around town and make upwards of 100 gold.

Something that goes along with the last point: They wear clothes that are worth more than "a few" gold.

What I find strange is the fact that normal citizen's are always complaining about how the make just a few gold a year, yet they could just go around to the various barrels and boxes around town and make upwards of 100 gold.

Something that goes along with the last point: They wear clothes that are worth more than "a few" gold.

I have a theory. They place the money into the barrels so to keep adventurers aways from their pockets, houses and shops, Common people taking money form those crates and barrels is the worst possible crime not even the beggar dares to commit :)

Something like Adventurers taxes... So they profit very small in the year.

The post on people never saying anything about what you wear is wrong since.. i find it odd that i did a quest were i was going to help a mages guild spy.. and had on i think was dark brotherhood or Necromancer... cloths since it was a "Spying mission" i had thought but nope.. had to go in in my normal gear and fight because... spying means.. To kill in cyrodiil. :biggrin:

thats the mythic dawn infiltration quest and there you do need to give up everything your carrying even your weapons and money for apaltry mythic dawn robe

or the dark brother hood quest where you have to kill the unsuspecting guests which was quite humorous to be honest reminded me of an agatha christie book ( ten little niggers its more political correct title elludes me for amoment isnt it all fall down ?)

but i can walk in on the blades in a black hand robe and they wont bat an eyelash

i can parade around in skingrad in the gear i pulled of the corpses of the guards and the other guards wil greet me happily and heartily

maybe its because im a catgirl in the game maybe that explains things

another odd thing is that no matter if its pitch dark outside day light wil always be filtering through the windows inside

corpses usually just lie there though i find it hilarious they jus leave glarthir out there and nobody seems to care

not even the Hlaalu chick from the alchemy shop

the one who asked about the fine on necrophilia

she'd be perfect for glarhtir's corpse

hold on

this is getting sickly morbid

Bah, you beat me to Hlaalu!

I didnt find her until maybe....2 years of playing the game. and once i did, i literally had to turn off oblivion and walk away.

They never fix kvatch, it still burns months after the invasion.

They never fix the temple district. even months after the attack.