things you found weird about cyrodiil

sleepyskye

It's odd that no one in Cyrodiil is terribly concerned about the Oblivion gates that open up within sight of their hometowns. Mind you, I'm not talking about the gates concerned in the "Allies for Bruma" quest. I'm talking about the gate that opens near the Leyawiin Coast Guard station, or the Skingrad cemetary, or the one that opens up on City Isle near the Arcane University (you'd think folks would take notice of that one).

I've always found this so odd! Especially when folks are out tilling the land with daedra walking about. Also find it strange when you do something (like move the cheese in the Borderwatch quest) and she doesn't comment or notice. At first I put the cheeses on every table in the place, lol

I'm sure it would be an AI feat of Herculean proportions to have the NPCs respond "logically" when something happens or doesn't. But still it would be so much more fun if they did.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Not being able to climb a hill, I mean my super agile dark-elf cannot go up a hill that I can run up easily in real life.

- Psychic guards.

- Not being able to wear anything under your armor, so basically its your skin and ice cold steel.

- Never changing landscape: When it snows there is no additional snow on the ground or roofs (Daggerfall had that).

- Rain under covered areas.

• 2 weeks later...
Thing I always found most odd (and lorebreaking) was how unrealistic the dungeons are. I mean, really, REALLY, did the Ayleids just think that "that swinging ball and chain really compliments the barren walls!" or that vents of poison gas were really "tasteful decor?" And then there's the forts. It musta been tough, considering how there's often no barracks or anything, and when there are, the guards apparently slept on stone slabs or the floor or something. Makes me glad you can't join the Legion in Oblivion, it must be an awful experience with conditions like that.

1. there's only one member of the elder council

2. buildings can look in perfect condition from the outside, yet the inside is on fire (bruma mages guild)

3. Valen Dreth must've done something diabolically evil to get 11 years, murder is punishable by 10 days in the slammer

4. the entrance to fort sutch is a small single door on the outside, large double doors on the inside

5. a lot of the plants found are actually hallucinogenic, yet you dont trip balls if you eat them (nightshade, fly aminta caps, wormwood leaves, morning glory)

6. glasses are made of silver, not glass

7. stolen items that are fenced can be bought back and are no longer stolen, even if they're one off items, such as the draconian madstone

8. you can fit an entire set of daedric armour and every daedric weapon inside a jewelry box

• 2 months later...

The fact that guards nearly always say the same thing when you commit a crime. :confused:

If Martin is so important why in the name of God would he be trying to shut a Great Gate of Oblivion in Bruma? :confused:

The fact that you can pick up a Daedric claymore, Battleaxe, whatever, and Smash an NPC into bits and if their essential they onlt go unconcious. :confused:

The fact that at the start of the game Baurus just automatically believes your story? 'Uhhh.. when you left the Emperor gave me the Amulet of Kings, an assassin came out of nowhere and killed him, I then killed the assassin and he's now gone...' :biggrin: :unsure: :confused:

:blink: Weird. :blink:

It's kinda weird that the sneaking feature is only handled through statistics, not visually. You can be in mid-dark room full of evil NPCs and these won't see you hopping around their noses, if you have high enough sneak skill.

And in the same situation you can whack and slice them with sneak attack with blade, but hell if you shoot one in group miles away, they always know exactly where you are.

Not only that's weird but also extremely annoying.

Actually, light does have an effect. If you try sneaking around in a dark ruin, you'll probably not be found. But then if you go sneaking up to a bandit holding a torch, the light from that torch may be enough for them to see you. Also, it's possible to shoot someone without being seen, chameleon helps with that.

I do believe i your sneak < 50 your shoewear also matters. Of course, my hot mystic elf chick was wearing bikinis and high heels while robbing castles blind...

On a side note: I think I mention this in Gamefaqs.com, but why on earth the Empire can't afford one working Fort??? Even an silly Imperial Colony like Morrowind have 3, With all the Fort of the Empire crumbled, what is this? Late Roman??

No wonder the mytheric Dawn was able to sneak into the Empire Capital, murder the Emperor's heirs, and made the emperor of the GOD KNOWN WORLD FLEE IN TERROR!

About the fact that you said they don't have any forts, they do. It's called Cloud Ruler Temple? :thumbsup: :tongue:

(I don't think it would be very LEGAL if you played a game where you could take a huge battleaxe and cleave a little kid on half :ohmy: )

Wait, there's a mod for children, correct?

And Deadly Reflex allows you to cut people in half AND behead them...

Talk about extreme parenting...

This was on the first page, late I know...

I can imagine that:

Mum," This isn't for me this is for your own good!!"

SWING!!!

or maybe super oblivion nanny!

This is the naughty chair...

What does it do?

You take it and you beat him with it!!!

PS:That was from a comedy show I saw...