True invisibility

Heartcloud

Does anyone know how to disable the side effects of invisibility in vanilla oblivion? The invisibility wears off when you perform any action, which is really annoying and highly unrealistic. I want to stay invisible in the full duration of the spell, not have it wear off the moment I open a door or attack an enemy or even pick up an item. Thanks.

Ah I never knew chameleon did that, thanks.

On a related question, does anyone know if there's some spell/mod that gives 100% steal success rate? I used console to mod my sneak skill to like 250, but there's still around a 25% chance the stealing will fail and cause people to either yell for guards or simply say "so-and-so has already caught you".

Note that it needs to be 100% chameleon (i.e. if you're wearing armor you will never reach 100% using spells).

- Edit- All you ever wanted to know about Chameleon but were afraid to ask ... courtesy of the UESP Wiki.

Edited by Striker879

Ah ok yes I just read that page as well. I used the 75% chameleon spell + ring of khajiti and now I have 105% chameleon. But even with 105% chameleon steal success rate is still not 100%... still get caught all the time.

Are there any mods that changes the look of chameleon/invisibility effect? I'd really prefer if there were no visual changes (so at least I can see myself) or at least make the character only semi-transparent. I like the blacken effect of a spell that causes burden I believe.

Edited by Heartcloud

I remember trying that exact combo myself and I had no luck as long as one piece I was wearing was armor. I finally settled on clothing enchanted with transcendent sigil stones (4 x 30 = 120) so that I could still wear my feather ring and amulet plus the Ring of Perfection. Ascendent sigil stones would suffice, my character was already well past level 17 when I started closing gates so I had to 'make do' with what I could get. With expert level in sneak and wearing doeskin shoes enchanted with chameleon rather than boots I can be a total ghost.

Chameleon isn't really 100% as the fire towers in Oblivion gates can still see you and shoot at you when you get close to them. Those land mines will also pop up and explode, though there will be no fire or explosion, just a broken mine.

The Ring Of Khajiiti you get from one of the daedric shrine quests has 35% chameleon which should help out some.

For the record, the function "SetActorAlpha" (or "Saa" for short) can change how "transparent" you are. It is a little different from the chameleon or invisibility shader.

You can lose the refraction shader through an ini tweak, which makes you transparent instead of refractive. The difference, in case you were wondering, is that refraction gives you that camouflage look where you see light distortion where you character is standing, whereas transparency is where you become see through, only it is gradual and you can still see all of the details of your character instead of a watery blob.

Disabling the side effects of invisibility directly is impossible - it is hard coded into the engine. If you want to stay invisible for the full duration, then you will need a separate script. Without OBSE, this could be done by attaching a script effect to each invisibility spell so that if you do lose invisibility then it is immediately added back by the script. You would only need the functions "IsSpellTarget", AddSpell and RemoveSpell.

With OBSE this would be much easier (provided you know about OBSE) and would affect all spells instead of just vanilla.

Also, I think you can gain a 100% success rate at pickpocketing by knocking over the target. Paralysis and negative fatigue are the simplest examples.

Hope this helps :)