Terrain has disappeared

GroverA125

Ladies and gentlemen of the forum, I am having a slight issue that I require assistance with:

Whenever I exit into an exterior cell (eg Chorrol, outside of Imperial sewers, anywhere with grass basically), the floor is not present at all, and I fall through where it should be until I hit water, all other NPCs in my area following in my footsteps as well. If it helps at all, I had just installed shivering isles (correct patch, highest official one), tested to see if it worked correctly, which it did, then quit and set up mods (none of which change any setting on the floor, as far as I am aware), and then upon returning, I found that the floor had went on holiday and I was falling through it. All other objects (buildings, NPCs, weather, etc.) were still present, short of the NPCs falling through the now-absent floor

I suspect it may be an issue with the floor meshes, but am unsure and would rather not cause severe damage without first consulting people with experience with the matter. Any help or tips to prevent this happening in the future would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Edit: The mods I am using are as follows: CM partners mod basic, HGEC body V1.21, Cazy hair pack and Babe hair pack, nightshade armor (HGEC upgrade) and HGEC Darkillusion 1.0.

Edited by GroverA125

If you 'set up mods' one at a time (or at least in small related groups) your problem mod will be obvious.

- Edit - Sorry that was a bit abrupt of me. More info would help us help. A complete mod list, preferably posted inside ["spoiler"] your mod list ["/spoiler"] tags (done without the quote marks), some specs for your machine (CPU, video card), details of where your game is installed (e.g. C:\Games\Oblivion or C:\Program Files) and what operating system you are using ... something to go on.

- Edit 2 - Didn't see your mod list edit. Have you ever had the game working correctly without any mods on this machine?

Edited by Striker879

If you 'set up mods' one at a time (or at least in small related groups) your problem mod will be obvious.

- Edit - Sorry that was a bit abrupt of me. More info would help us help. A complete mod list, preferably posted inside ["spoiler"] your mod list ["/spoiler"] tags (done without the quote marks), some specs for your machine (CPU, video card), details of where your game is installed (e.g. C:\Games\Oblivion or C:\Program Files) and what operating system you are using ... something to go on.

- Edit 2 - Didn't see your mod list edit. Have you ever had the game working correctly without any mods on this machine?

All mods functioned fine, but now SI is added, there may be a few issues on that front. I am now quite sure that mods are causing the issues, I'm going to try adding them bit-by-bit to spot the odd-one-out.

All mods functioned fine, but now SI is added, there may be a few issues on that front. I am now quite sure that mods are causing the issues, I'm going to try adding them bit-by-bit to spot the odd-one-out.

Im having this issue as well, except this problem happened just yesterday and i have over 300 mod installed and SI has been on my comp forever. I had to narrow the problem and its somewhow related to beautiful people race for me. I have no clue as to why but it is very frustrating. It worked perfectly before..I keep falling through the exterior land(mountains) and it seems a lot of interior cell floor have this effect as well.

Is you mod in right load order? I have to put my SI at the top. Also make sure Oblivion.esm at at the very top. I think it depends on if you beat the quest for Si( i hear if you didn't it should go at the top and if you did it should go at the bottom. Same goes for other official DLC with exception of KOTN which always go at the bottom) ). Make sure you aren't running an esm or esp thats the same unless it required. I finally solved my issue and the case for me was tht i had an esm of the same .esp that i didn't need and thats what caused it. (turns out it was my Xeo race and not BP..-Xeo changes all npc in game-) Edited by Actioncookie

Make sure you have a stable vanilla game fully patched before installing mods. This Nexus Wiki article has a basic outline for installing: Oblivion reinstall procedure

Everything was perfectly stable prior to adding mods. Oblivion was patched up to the newest official version, shivering isles is patched up to latest official as well (well, it's the most recent one available).

I fixed this issue, but now it's back again, once again kicking me when I don't expect it. Looks like it's going to be spot-the-difference again. I'll post when/if I get it fixed.